I have a problem with replies like this
I'm not challenging anyone's authority but this is just plain ridiculous. And this situation happens on almost every forum and it's seriously out of line and I'll explain why it's out of line below.

When I was reading through the forum I came across this reply in a thread. Who said this or the thread it's in isn't important it's the situation itself that is the issue The person mentioned about having problems and how they had some games they made images out of and wound up saying BUT I downloaded (Insert game) from a site.

Now here is the response someone gave them:

Quote:Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.

Now I'll explain why this is a problem. Making the statement of downloading a game means ABSOLUTELY nothing. The person never said anything about piracy/warez, the moderator is the one that did. It doesn't matter what one ASSUMES, so trying to say safe than sorry isn't even a valid justification.

The person who closed the thread SHOULD have asked what the person meant by DOWNLOADED THE GAME from a website, then make a decision based off that, because as far as anyone knows, the person could have downloaded the game from EA's website or UBISOFT, or GOG, or something like that. And didn't mention the name because they didn't want people arguing about who is a better company or he found a good source and doesn't want to give it away. I can list at least a dozen reasons downloading a game isn't illegal such as this person could have had to download the game because the original was too scratched up to make a copy, or there are now only digital copies left. I can contact Sony and have them pull games from their archives and have them make me copies...There are also sites that sell old PSX, Dreamcast ..etc games in digital form and the person, I mean list goes on

Now I want to be very clear that I'm not saying the person did or did not pirate anything because that's totally not relevant, the only thing that matters in this is the automatic accusation from the person that closed the thread. I can understand if the person came right out and said I pirated the game, that would be one thing, but what this person said isn't actually breaking the TOS.

As I stated above, the only person who made a problem out of that, is the person who closed the thread. Moderator or not doesn't matter it's out of line to go accusing people of something just because you deem that's what you want it to say. Should be asking people instead of telling them what they did. his person didn't do any warez talk or break any TOS on this website. Again I'm not challenging anything or anyone, I'm simply putting things into perspective. It's situations like this that are highly annoying and cause forum problems.

Sponsored links

You should take your anger management pills. We do not appreciate pointless ranting around here.

There is no Playstation 2 download website which is legal. No PS2 game could ever be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Thus the moderator correctly deduces that it is piracy.

Quote:I can contact Sony and have them pull games from their archives and have them make me copies...There are also sites that sell old PSX, Dreamcast ..etc games in digital form and the person, I mean list goes on
Lol what? No one can sell old PS2 games as digital copies legally except the companies who made them, which they don't.

Quote: I can list at least a dozen reasons downloading a game isn't illegal such as this person could have had to download the game because the original was too scratched up to make a copy, or there are now only digital copies left.

Even if your original is scratched, downloading a copy from the net is still illegal. Do your research first.

If you don't like our rules, you are free to not come around anymore (and save us from your rants too)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
BTW, nice try tx3000 ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/User-tx3000 ). Yes,we stupid mods use tools as IP lookups to find out if douches come back after being banned to ***** around. Sweet dreams.
[Image: newsig.jpg]