I have a question
I think this is a awesome emulator and all the games I have for it runs without no issues what so ever and I hope you all continue the awesome job.

My question is this would it be possible to make a PS3 version of this awesome emulator cause I also tried the PS3 emulator and its ok but not as good as here cause at least your emulator runs awesome and isn't CPU heavy and I have been playing NCAA Football 11 for a while with no issues the reason I am asking this question is because the PS3 emulator doesn't run NCAA Football games at all very well nor any sports game at that cause they are too CPU driven but anyways just wanted to ask I am sorry if I broke any rules or anything I am new on here but wanted to ask a question. Unsure

Sponsored links

It's unlikely the pcsx2 team will make a ps3 emulator. And all emulators are cpu intensive becasue it's an emulation of a game console.
RPCS3 are still in alpha state it takes time to progress.
(01-30-2021, 03:42 AM)sportster Wrote: It's unlikely the pcsx2 team will make a ps3 emulator. And all emulators are cpu intensive because it's an emulation of a game console.
RPCS3 are still in alpha state it takes time to progress.

what i mean by CPU driven is that none of the sports games run great at all unlike here all the sports games I have for the PS2 run awesome with no issues and I have a good gaming pc I understand though I really like this emulator though cause it has no issues when playing PS2 games
You should watch this video and see why it's hard to emulate the PS3. Current CPU's struggle to run it at full speed. Creating a new emulator isn't going to make anything run better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLebZyha74o
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
rpcs3 emulate most game is very hard especially CPU temperatures is cooking very fast unless your CPU heatsink is noctua.....a stock heatsink won't survived it.

me and envisaged 's PC specs siggy should be abled to run PS3 emulator at present unless the proper hardware installed

@envisaged
is your CPU heatsink/cooler brand is noctua or coolermaster.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel