I have an insane PC, however I can't get it to work well with PCSX2
So I'm trying to play Shadow of the Colossus, and I've seen people emulate it with worse specs that mine at a high fps. Maybe something is wrong with my config? I get about 30-40 fps which is terrible for my current specs, here they are.

Intel i7 3970x
Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan
16gb DDR3 RAM
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
4tb WD Hard Drive

Any idea why I get such low fps with this game, and sometimes even others?

Sponsored links

Need set VU cycle stealing to 2 for SotC regardless of how powerful your system is.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thank you, is there anyway to get better audio? While the FPS is now averaging 60, the audio is still very choppy.
Config->audio->plugin settings. Change timestretch to async mix.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thank you very much Smile
(09-18-2014, 02:18 AM)BrastaSauce Wrote: So I'm trying to play Shadow of the Colossus, and I've seen people emulate it with worse specs that mine at a high fps.

Were they by chance using haswell processors? Those are around 30% faster than sandy bridges at the same clock speed for emulators like this, plus pcsx2 doesn't use more than 3 cores anyway.
(09-18-2014, 02:19 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Need set VU cycle stealing to 2 for SotC regardless of how powerful your system is.

Im doing fine with it set to 1 and have I7 2600 with stock clocks, OP has better CPU than me so I would imagine he should be doing fine with it set to 1 too. Im getting like 60-80 FPS (PAL) when uncapped in most cases if I remember right.

Based on that I would recomend using VU cycle stealing at 1 because I find 2 and 3 more choppy.

Also OP, test with MTVU on and off. Some people report a drop in performance with MTVU on, some say it helps with the performance.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts