I just wanted to ask Something
(10-25-2012, 11:30 AM)solidus Wrote: as long as it started on 60fps that means things are ok

describe the slowdown. does it stay at 20 fps? or does it fluctuate between 60 fps and 20 fps? if fluctuate then it's ok. i also got speed fluctuations when i played final fantasy 10

when you start the emulator at 60 fps after how long does it drop to 20 fps? like in say an hour? in hour the laptop would have heated up and that may cause the slowdown. removing the battery will not stop the overheating. try getting a good coolpad and use it when u are playing

cooling pads are a myth, they dont work, no matter how much you want it. (unles you got one of 60 bucks or more that *could* shave off a 5c or less but not worth the money if you ask me)

@op
this is quite a particular situation you have lol
formating, installing windows is not gonna help btw (but i think you knew that Tongue)

i know one last solution.

post the specs, and all the settings of pcsx2.
post the temps you are getting too when you are playing games on the emu.

this way i can check every possible solution for you Smile

Sponsored links

(10-25-2012, 12:15 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: cooling pads are a myth, they dont work, no matter how much you want it. (unles you got one of 60 bucks or more that *could* shave off a 5c or less but not worth the money if you ask me)

i disagree. it is a fact that gaming on a laptop generates extra heat than when not gaming. some laptops can withstand all this extra heat because they were built that way. others can't withstand the heat and they need to be cooled by an external source provided it is a good one

(10-25-2012, 12:15 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: formating, installing windows is not gonna help btw (but i think you knew that Tongue)

i also disagree with that. some problems can only be solved by formatting, but it is only to be done as a last resort if nothing works. if the emulator was working fine when windows was in its original state and later on something happened to the windows and the emulator messed up, then returning the windows to its original state should make the emulator work fine again provided the hardware is still ok

u should try everything and hopefully u will find a solution that works
(10-25-2012, 01:08 PM)solidus Wrote: i disagree. it is a fact that gaming on a laptop generates extra heat than when not gaming. some laptops can withstand all this extra heat because they were built that way. others can't withstand the heat and they need to be cooled by an external source provided it is a good one

i also disagree with that. some problems can only be solved by formatting, but it is only to be done as a last resort if nothing works. if the emulator was working fine when windows was in its original state and later on something happened to the windows and the emulator messed up, then returning the windows to its original state should make the emulator work fine again provided the hardware is still ok

u should try everything and hopefully u will find a solution that works

you can disagree all you want doesnt change the fact im right.

do you think i comment based on pure speculation? its experience my head-hurting friend.
actually i don't have a cooling pad because i don't trust those things
what i made is
1st i made a table
2nd cut a hole of the table in size of the 3 fans i bought ( its a normal size for cpu fans)
3rd i didn't make it a usb plug-in fan(that's the reason i didn't even bought a cooling pad) instead i found some 12v adapter
and plug in it into an outlet and the spin much faster and much cooler and to lift my laptop on the table a little i used 4pcs pepsi plastic caps so that it won't slide....

and @solidus nope i didn't get any slowdowns on FF X and other games i listed since 3 months before i stopped using pcsx2 and for the fps when i play the games i listed i checked everyone of them it gives me slowdowns after less than 2 min and it would constantly goes back in forth 60 to 20 then 30 to 40fps and my EE% just spiked to 70-90 or sometimes just stay at 87-92% i personally don't know what happen, before my EE% is always on 40-50% or 30-40% it won't even go up to 60 or 70% ( except for tekken 5 and GoW 2)

soo i personally don't know what to do i can't play my ps2 games properly soo much slowdowns
(10-25-2012, 02:09 PM)devilscorner Wrote: actually i don't have a cooling pad because i don't trust those things

as you should lol,

could you still provide me with the following?

pcsx2 settings (ALL of them Smile) you can make screenshots with the inbuild screenshot maker Tongue
complete laptop specs (processor, ram, vidcard will be enough)
temp when playing pcsx2 games

this way i can check everything and based on that give solutions (if any)
It doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned this so I thought I will. If you believe something else is slowing down your system for CPU usage. The best way to check it out is through task manager during the times of the slowdowns. Also make sure the laptop isn't overheating either. This could be another factor but if all checks fine on these two ends then I'm all out of ideas for that. If you know for a fact that the emulator is causing it then ignore what I just said.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(10-25-2012, 02:14 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: as you should lol,

could you still provide me with the following?

pcsx2 settings (ALL of them Smile) you can make screenshots with the inbuild screenshot maker Tongue
complete laptop specs (processor, ram, vidcard will be enough)
temp when playing pcsx2 games

this way i can check everything and based on that give solutions (if any)
okay i'll post them right away (actually maybe later im doing some choirs and im using my fathers laptop ^...,^)
(10-25-2012, 02:22 PM)devilscorner Wrote: okay i'll post them right away (actually maybe later im doing some choirs and im using my fathers laptop ^...,^)

i need to do some groceries too xD so it might take a while before answering (il do it today dont worry xd)
soo this is my settings
http://i45.tinypic.com/242info.jpg

and this is my idle temperature
http://i45.tinypic.com/r8dyrq.jpg

and this is my temperature after playing FF 3 for 50mins
http://i49.tinypic.com/333981z.jpg

and my system specs is Intel core i5-2410m 2.3 ghz 2.9ghz boost (just 2.7 really in all cores) and Nvidia gt540m 2gb and 2gb 1333mhz ram
(10-25-2012, 07:13 PM)devilscorner Wrote: soo this is my settings
http://i45.tinypic.com/242info.jpg

and this is my idle temperature
http://i45.tinypic.com/r8dyrq.jpg

and this is my temperature after playing FF 3 for 50mins
http://i49.tinypic.com/333981z.jpg

and my system specs is Intel core i5-2410m 2.3 ghz 2.9ghz boost (just 2.7 really in all cores) and Nvidia gt540m 2gb and 2gb 1333mhz ram

1 fps, that must be super smooth! D:

set the clamping modes to normal and disable the hardware hacks for now.

enable texture filtering and set the internal resolution to 2x (this way i know for sure the gt 540 is working on it, because of the load it gives it will surely go to 3d clock speeds)
also check gpu-z to see if the gpu is actually being used when playing pcsx2.

i am aware that EE% are mainly cpu bound but just to be sure, try out the settings above.

report back Smile