I just wanted to ask Something
hey guys long time no post ^...,^ i just wanted to ask something..... i wasn't been playing/using pcsx2 for 3 months then when i decided to play again Fatal frame 3 i always get constant slowdowns and i tried FF XII still i get the same slowdowns and my other games as well...,..

All my settings are on default and my internal resolution is just 1366x768, and this is the first time i always get slowdowns, and before when i was playing these games my EE% is always on 40-50% sometimes 30% but now i always get 70-90% idk what happen, i didn;t even change my settings or anything

so did someone had this problem before????

Sponsored links

should be in the general support, but i count on the mods will take care of that Tongue2

it all depents on what you did to your pc, have you recently made changes to the pc component wise?

try enabling the recomended speedhacks and set EEcycle rate to 2 to see if that reduces the load on the EE%

plus some pc specs would be nice Tongue
keeping it on default is not that good. u should make some changes in the settings

u have to select directx10 or 11 hardware in the graphics plugin config. also try ticking the native checkbox. also turn on speedhacks
moving to support.

default settings shouldnt change anything. Have you overclocked your cpu? or having overheating issues causing your cpu to slow itself down or anything?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You should provide your system specs. maybe Windows made some changes in power management and this could reflect in the PCSX2 performance. This is specially true with Intel turbo features and more yet in laptops.
Imagination is where we are truly real
nope i didn't do anything on my laptop (of course overclocking would be a no no only updating gpu drivers) and and i have been using pcsx2 for 7 months with the default speed hacks and of course i used Dx 10 with an internal resolution of 1366x768 ( actually i choose this resolution because i get slowdowns if i choose x3 IR) and i have been playing these games 3 months ago before i was busy with school :
Fatal frame 2 and 3
Kingdom hearts 1 and 2
tekken 5
GoW 2 and 1
Castlevania Curse of darkness
toy story 3
Persona 4
FF XII
FF X
dbz shin budokai tenkaichi 3

well i have to say i have slowdowns in tekken 5 after playing for like 30mins but it would go back to normal 60fps after 2 sec but other than that i didn't get any slowdowns in other games not even once..... but when i tried to play some ps2 games today i tried FF XII then i was surprised i would get constant slowdowns then i switch with other games i still get the same result ( so many slowdowns) and my EE was always in 70-90% and i was sooo surprised because before my EE % was on 40-50% sometimes steady 30-40% EE

and when i checked my laptop temperature my idle temperature is 43-47° on my CPU and 38-40° in my gpu and when im playing and using pcsx2 my CPU temperature would rise up to 57-62°

and i have Intel 2410m 2.3ghz 2.9ghz boost on single core but actually its always 2.7ghz on all cores and nvidia Gt 540 2gb and i know all of you will say that the clock of my CPU is slow but i beg the differ Ive been using pcsx2 with the games i listed but i didn't get any problems or slowdown not until now
(10-24-2012, 02:26 PM)devilscorner Wrote: nope i didn't do anything on my laptop (of course overclocking would be a no no only updating gpu drivers) and and i have been using pcsx2 for 7 months with the default speed hacks and of course i used Dx 10 with an internal resolution of 1366x768 ( actually i choose this resolution because i get slowdowns if i choose x3 IR) and i have been playing these games 3 months ago before i was busy with school :
Fatal frame 2 and 3
Kingdom hearts 1 and 2
tekken 5
GoW 2 and 1
Castlevania Curse of darkness
toy story 3
Persona 4
FF XII
FF X
dbz shin budokai tenkaichi 3

well i have to say i have slowdowns in tekken 5 after playing for like 30mins but it would go back to normal 60fps after 2 sec but other than that i didn't get any slowdowns in other games not even once..... but when i tried to play some ps2 games today i tried FF XII then i was surprised i would get constant slowdowns then i switch with other games i still get the same result ( so many slowdowns) and my EE was always in 70-90% and i was sooo surprised because before my EE % was on 40-50% sometimes steady 30-40% EE

and when i checked my laptop temperature my idle temperature is 43-47° on my CPU and 38-40° in my gpu and when im playing and using pcsx2 my CPU temperature would rise up to 57-62°

and i have Intel 2410m 2.3ghz 2.9ghz boost on single core but actually its always 2.7ghz on all cores and nvidia Gt 540 2gb and i know all of you will say that the clock of my CPU is slow but i beg the differ Ive been using pcsx2 with the games i listed but i didn't get any problems or slowdown not until now

have you tried the latest revision?
yup i tried the latest revision and of course the stable 1.0 release
a lot could have happened in the 3 months in which u didn't use pcsx2. u may have updated your windows, updated your bios, updated your drivers....

something may have indirectly affected your pcsx2 and caused your problems
(10-24-2012, 03:15 PM)solidus Wrote: a lot could have happened in the 3 months in which u didn't use pcsx2. u may have updated your windows, updated your bios, updated your drivers....

something may have indirectly affected your pcsx2 and caused your problems

im pretty sure the only thing i change or updated was my gpu driver and nothing more and i already disabled windows automatic update a long time ago and i didn't updated my laptop bios because im afraid if somethings goes wrong