I little problem with the emulator
Hi there, so my story is:

I downloaded PCSX2 (i think version 0.9.5) and played fine.
I used the emulator to play Odin Sphere, and it worked good, but it had a problem with the synch of voices and texts (slowdown maybe? a same case can be seen in -->this thread<-- )

So searching the net, i read that the game is fully playable, full speed, and with SVN 976 there are no slowdowns. List -->here<--

So i downloaded the beta 976 and the PCSX2 0.9.6 and downloaded and re-configured more and different plugins, it had the same problems of 0.9.5 , but suddenly the emulator didn't run anymore.

Everytime i try to run a game it appears the classic Windows message "PCSX2 detected a problem and must close" (my windows is spanish so i don't know the exact english message).

I think i messed too much with the plugins and configs, so i started from zero, created a new folder with only the things available in the pack of the PCSX2 0.9.6 version.Added a few of Keyboard plugin and CDVD EFP plgun. And same problem/message.

What am i doing wrong and why the emulator suddenly didn't work anymore?

My PC:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz
RAM : 3 GB
Video : NVidia GForce 9800 GTX+

Here is the folder of my first PCSX2 (the one with the 976 and 0.9.6 and lots of plugins, i guess there are some unnecesary)

Folder:
[Image: Folder1.jpg]

And here is the folder of the plugins:
[Image: Folder1plugins.jpg]

Sorry for the long post, but i tried to give the most info i could.

Greetings

Sponsored links

first do you have DirectX fully updated Smile (that means even the old updates Tongue, which you can get through DX Redist Smile)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Just like Luis said - update your DirectX.
I'm also encountering the same problem. I've updated my DirectX using the Nov 2008 and March 2009 redist packs, and somehow the emulator refuses to work. It just crashes.

Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz
2GB DDR800 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 512MB
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit
Currently Playing:
Front Mission 3 - Emma Missions
Front Mission 4
Parasite Eve 2 - Replay Mode
(04-25-2009, 12:35 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: first do you have DirectX fully updated Smile (that means even the old updates Tongue, which you can get through DX Redist Smile)

I did like FullMetaru above me, i used the November 2008 and March 2009 Redist, and the problem is still there.
It's weird because PCSX2 used to work fine.
Hmmm, it seems like my brother's copy of Tales of the Abyss was working. Valkyrie Profile 2 refused to work, as well as Star Ocean 3.

EDIT: I just had to turn on the VU Hack fix for SO3 and VP2, but SO3 is totally unplayable for me, dropping all the way down to 4fps.
Currently Playing:
Front Mission 3 - Emma Missions
Front Mission 4
Parasite Eve 2 - Replay Mode
Well, i thing i figured out the problem:
I was testing all the plugins with the "test" button, and the CDVDrom plugin failed, so i changed it, and it works now. But my PADwinKeyb plugin stopped working (even after the succesful test) so i changed it.

Because it's too late, i only played like 3 minutes, but the synch voices (mentioned in this first post) are now perfect.
So far the game seems perfect for those 3 minutes.

Thanks for your replies.