I'm confused,
I'm trying to play FFX. I downloaded the most recent PCSX2 program and its running absurdly slow. like 30 FPS. I looked around, and other people aren't having these problems. One person's game was going TOO fast. I'm using the default configurations, so what could be wrong? I have bioses and I'm running FFX off of an iso.

Sponsored links

It would help if you list your system specs ;p
Here you go. Its a program of mine that I use, so ask if I'm missing something

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13
Memory (RAM): 2047 MB
CPU Info: Genuine Intel® CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz
CPU Speed: 1808.7 MHz
Sound card: SigmaTel Audio
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS | NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Monitors: 1
Screen Resolution: 1440 X 900 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport | Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A | E: KI2332Z PDO950G
COM Ports: COM3
LPT Ports: NOT Present
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 111.8GB | H: 465.8GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 9.4GB | H: 283.7GB
USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 1 host controllers.
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Make: MP061
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 06/27/07 | DELL - 27d7061b
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Battery: High
Motherboard: Dell Inc.
Modem: Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem
I thought your computer not to powerfull to play PCSX2, CPU 1.8Ghz not strong enough, minimum CPU to get 60Fps 2.2Ghz for game FF X
Yeah, sorry Destai but the speed problem here has nothing to do with the software. Your hardware is simply not powerful enough to play most any game, let alone on as 3d heavy as FFX, at full speed. I'm honestly a little surprised that it even makes half speed with that processor.
Is it possible to overclock my cpu speed without having to buy a new processor?
Ugh, so I can play Fallout 3, Oblivion and Assassin's Creed without much hassle, but not FFX : /

I'll wait till newer emulator upgrades I guess.
I'm assuming that you are running this on a laptop/notebook based on the graphics card. so no not easily and without seriously threatening the overall life of the machine. And it is not the emulator's fault you can't play FFX but can play all those other games. The emulator is attempting to run a very complicated hardware configuration over top the existing OS. This kind of implementation is much more difficult than playing a game compiled to a binary for a given configuration. The biggest problem for PCSX2 is the CPU not being able to crunch enough numbers. I'm using a Core 2 Duo Oc'd to ~4 Ghz and it even has some troubles in FFX, mostly in places like the Mi'ihen highroad with long draw distances.
What are you talking about? When I had C2D T7100 1.8 GHz I was able to play FFX almost the entire game at full speed, and even there were some areas where I got more than 70 fps. That was also a laptop.

Since it sounds like FFX is actually playable with 1.8ghz, so maybe somethings is limiting you from using 100% of your cpu, try checking your power settings.

Other than that, i noticed that T2400 CPU has a smaller FSB speed than the T7100. 667mhz compared to 800mhz (im not expert so i dont really know if this has a big impact on pcsx2 performance) Also, the processors' instructions may be really different, therefore ones instructions work better on pcsx2 than the other. So maybe 1.8ghz is only fast enough if you have the right/good model.
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s
one other thing of note, the T2400 is a single core, single thread CPU. The T7100 is a laptop C2D. Multi-Threading is paramount in getting PCSX2 to work at reasonable speeds (how did I miss that!?)

Edit: I was wrong it is dual core, however it is a core duo series and because of this it is missing some of the raw calculation power per cycle that the Core 2 Duos have. I need to start thinking more.
Rig: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, Core 2 Duo E7800 OC'd ~4Ghz, 2Gig RAM, Radeon HD 4850.