I'm having problems with PCSX2 and ARMAX....
This being my first post, I'd like to say I've read alot here and a few things have really helped and hopefully someone here can help me through this issue I have....

I can run Final Fantasy XII fine (on its own), and I can run ARMAX fine as well (on its own). The issue I have is when I load ARMAX and create a new cheat for FF XII (its not on the list of games) I create the Master Code and a test L1+L2 Max Gil code for the PAL version, the version I have and paid £3 at the local games store, and confirm everything, press Start to initiate the game, it asks to make sure the disc is in the drive (which it is) and Press X.......which I do....

All it does then is hangs........

I've tried using 0.9.6, 0.9.8 and 1.0 (mainly want to use 0.9.8)

What am I doing wrong?

real-time help through messenger will be very helpful if possible.
I've fairly good with computers but this has me baffled...

**EDIT**
I'm looking into using the cheat engine and such, but it looks really confusing.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 doesn't work correctly swapping discs with ARMAX's mechanism because it flushes some important functions to operate. Stick to PCSX2's internal cheat mechanism or use a program called emuhaste (google it) and nope you have no other option. :/
AR MAX works perfectly with me every time !
Except in the newer PCSX svn's were it crashes the whole emulator. I have a post about this if interested...
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
I just started a new game of FFXII with the code working ( PCSX 0.9.8 r4600 ).
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
Mine always crashes and I have a feeling that it's a combination of a PCSX2 bug and the version of my BIOS. My old PS2's BIOS doesn't run this and a couple of homebrew but this one (the one I have right now and it's still alive) work but buggy on all of them.
I tried 2 (of MY OWN) BIOS but nothing (in newer versions).
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(09-28-2012, 02:32 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Mine always crashes and I have a feeling that it's a combination of a PCSX2 bug and the version of my BIOS. My old PS2's BIOS doesn't run this and a couple of homebrew but this one (the one I have right now and it's still alive) work but buggy on all of them.

Odd... never thought BIOS versions would affect this.
Yes ARMAX work but as far as I know,it works ONLY if you play from the original disk(no backups,no images)
No, I only play images. Works like a charm.
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
It's indeed weird. I have a feeling that this issue can be fixed yet I haven't decided so far what causes problems with it.