I'm new, need advice please
It is possible to transfer saves from a memory card to use in pcsx2.

I don't have such a device that you have, but I use a different method involving a flash drive and either CodeBreaker or a homebrew file manager.

Sponsored links

you can use free mcboot its program that you can install on your ps2 mem card using usb and then it will allow you to copy saves from and to mem card on to usb. just google free mcboot and you will find all you need to make it work.
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
(11-28-2010, 10:05 PM)Smokin Kippers Wrote: I have one final question, can you transfer saves from a PS2 memory card for use in PCSX2? If so what do I need and how can I do this?

I have the device for transfering PSone/PS2 saves to the PS3, I don't suppose I can somehow use that?

Yes, you can. Copy the game saves to a USB flash drive on the PS3. PSV Exporter + PS2 Save Builder.
(11-28-2010, 08:02 PM)Smokin Kippers Wrote: I'll wait until the beta becomes the new version.

There are freezes in FFX that you won't be able to pass with the 0.9.6 release. The 0.9.7 beta is faster, has over a year and a half of improvements and it's the recommended verison to use right now.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-28-2010, 10:43 PM)ilovejedd Wrote: Yes, you can. Copy the game saves to a USB flash drive on the PS3. PSV Exporter + PS2 Save Builder.

I transfered my FF10 save to my USB stick and put it onto my computer as a PSV file, I used the program you said which created a folder with three files in it, none of which are recognised by PCSX2 or the PS2 save builder you posted. What exactly do I need to do when I have the PSV file on my computer?
Guide:
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1214...-mymc.html
Ok thanks very much, I can transfer saves with ease now. I've also switched to the Beta now.

However I've just tried to play some other games and I've encountered a couple of other problems. FF10 works perfectly on the default settings but I've also made ISO files for Resident Evil 4 and Timesplitters 2. With Timesplitters I'm experiencing this issue:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1426/splitter2tz.jpg

Apparently this is a common issue but if I switch to the Zero graphics plugin it fixes it, but then I get some slight graphic problems with FF10. Should I be able to get every game to work on the same settings or will I need to find optimum setting for each game?

With Resident Evil 4 I'm having a problem that I cant seem to fix. On default settings the game is windowed by black bars which obscure the top, bottom and right of the screen. The game however plays fine. I've tried altering the screen ratio but it doesn't correct this. If I switch to the zero plugin like I did for Timesplitters it removes the bars and everything is fine until I get into the game, then I get several vertical lines going through the screen.
(11-29-2010, 01:58 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: There are freezes in FFX that you won't be able to pass with the 0.9.6 release.
I remember completing FFX on 0.9.6.. but I was probably one of the lucky ones. but I do agree that 0.9.7 is indeed the better choice for any game these days.

for the other 2 issues, hit F9 to run in software mode, that will fix the issues, but it does cost some speed to do so.
Pressing F9 in Resident Evil fixes the problem on the menus and the opening FMV works fine but the actual game runs rediculously slow and takes a significant graphics hit as well
(11-30-2010, 01:47 AM)Smokin Kippers Wrote: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1426/splitter2tz.jpg

Apparently this is a common issue but if I switch to the Zero graphics plugin it fixes it, but then I get some slight graphic problems with FF10. Should I be able to get every game to work on the same settings or will I need to find optimum setting for each game?

GSdx is what you should be using most of the time except for some picky games. You can fix the timesplitters 2 problem with SkipDraw=4 in GSdx ([GSdx, hacks subsection in the configuration guide to know how to enable it.

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64