I'm so confused...
I've tried for ages to get PCSX2 up and running on my Mac... Unfortunately, it's never worked for me.

So, here's what I've done.
I've installed XQuartz, the nVidia frameworks (Which I wasn't sure was necessary since I have an integrated Intel HD3000 GPU, but I installed it anyway), and the package files.

When I open PCSX2 from the image disk, the window pops open but when I try to play a game (Say, FFXII or KHII) it comes up and says that I have no bios. I know this is wrong, I've ripped the bios of my own PS2s and pointed it towards that directory. But I have to keep doing it each time.

After that, I try to play FFXII but then it fails to load my memory cards... And there's nothing I can do to get past this stage now.

Once I did managed to get FFXII started up, but I don't remember what I did.

A couple of questions I have: do I have to keep the disk image around, or can I just drag the PCSX2 app onto my computer and get rid of it? And I've looked around but never really found an answer, but how well does the Intel HD3000 GPU perform for PCSX2?

Sponsored links

Quote:how well does the Intel HD3000 GPU perform for PCSX2
badly
Quote:do I have to keep the disk image around, or can I just drag the PCSX2 app onto my computer and get rid of it?
if you want to play this game again, keep the image your ripped. It'll be better than re-ripping your game each time you want to play it.
Quote:Once I did managed to get FFXII started up, but I don't remember what I did.
did you simply try to chmod -R 655 your pcsx2 folder ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Don't forget that PCSX2 needs Root enabled. You haven't listed that as something you've done yet.
Thinks what he wrote for signature is amazing, Other people find him stupid.