I'm sure yet another setup quesiton
Thanks chaps. Think it's around the mobo/CPU relationship. Any good overclockers on here?

Sponsored links

(06-27-2013, 05:37 AM)Preet Wrote: No use of increasing ram.
because pcsx2 only use little of it around 200-250 mb Happy

BlinkBlink what?That's not fair.If pcsx2 uses only 200-250mb,how can we play the games?

Try to increase clockspeed,but i wonder if it really does much good.

(06-27-2013, 03:47 PM)Rama Saravanan 3 Wrote: BlinkBlink what?That's not fair.If pcsx2 uses only 200-250mb,how can we play the games?

because the way a ps2 works, it doens't need much ram. Increasing the clockspeed will surely help, though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
That's the problem chaps. On my xe965, I could increase the clock speed until I reached 4Ghz. However, swapped the CPU for Dual Core 2 E8500, and now if I raise the clock speed enough to raise the operating speed slightly above the 3.2GHz stock speed, system doesn't boot (on the same board!). The multiplier's locked at 9.5 and below. Oh, and there's no way to change the VCore rating in my BIOS either!

To refer to an earlier posting - maybe I have wasted £50!!!
(06-27-2013, 07:58 PM)stigzler Wrote: That's the problem chaps. On my xe965, I could increase the clock speed until I reached 4Ghz. However, swapped the CPU for Dual Core 2 E8500, and now if I raise the clock speed enough to raise the operating speed slightly above the 3.2GHz stock speed, system doesn't boot (on the same board!). The multiplier's locked at 9.5 and below. Oh, and there's no way to change the VCore rating in my BIOS either!

To refer to an earlier posting - maybe I have wasted £50!!!

maybe u was too fast to buy a new cpu Tongue2
First u should see benchmarks results !!
In the absence of any advice, I wasnone the wiser, Preet
Yes some ppl here lazy to reply Tongue2
I would say it's not a overclocking motherboard and that might be your problem. or the E8500 is locked.
Thanks Strife. Locked = CPU wont let itself go above stock 3.2GHz? Seen other posts where this chip has been O/C'd to over 4Ghz - so not sure how all that works.

I have been directed to"pin modding" directions:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...00-pin-mod

Anyone every pin-modded - any risks?

cheers folks
(06-30-2013, 03:20 PM)stigzler Wrote: Thanks Strife. Locked = CPU wont let itself go above stock 3.2GHz? Seen other posts where this chip has been O/C'd to over 4Ghz - so not sure how all that works.

I have been directed to"pin modding" directions:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...00-pin-mod

Anyone every pin-modded - any risks?

cheers folks

If done correctly, there is very little risk... if done incorrectly you risk damaging the CPU and motherboard... It's not something for the faint of heart. I tried pin modding an old AMD CPU because my mobo lacked proper voltage configuration and boy did that not turn out well.... Luckily I didn't fry any of the hardware.
[Image: 2748844.png]