I need Help with Yu-Gi-Oh DOTR
I'm playing yu-gi-oh duelist of the roses. I sided with Yugi and got to the duel with Seto. After beating him, he begins a monologue. A few text boxes later, the game freezes. I am not a programmer in ANY CAPACITY nor do I ever really have any luck trying to figure these sorts of things out for myself. 

I've seen several instances of this problem in the forums, but they are never resolved in the thread and they are from at least 2 years ago.

Please let me know what specs, if any, you need from me. I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thank you,
Brad

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-06-2016, 09:42 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Ok. 
CPU: AMD Phenom™ 9850 Quad-Core Processor 2.51GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Memory: 4 GB

PCSX2 version: 1.4.0

Settings: I haven't messed with any plugins or anything, other than manually changing the renderer to DirectX11

I'm playing from an ISO file.

Attached Emulog txt file from the time it opens until it gives me the option to "close software" or "look up a fix online"

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 6,24 KB / Downloads: 334)
do you have another ps2 console ?
(03-07-2016, 07:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: do you have another ps2 console ?

I own one, yes. My brother has it in a different state, currently. Why do you ask?
what are the versions of the ones you and your brother own ?
(03-07-2016, 08:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what are the versions of the ones you and your brother own ?

Version? I'm not sure I understand. Its the original PS2, not the slim, if that's what you mean.
You have a japanese one, or your broither does ?
(03-07-2016, 08:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: You have a japanese one, or your broither does ?

Oh, ok. Yes, I didn't know that at the time that I bought it.
problem is the japanese one you extracted the bios from is the very first PS2 model, and is know to have issues with pcsx2.
if it's your brother's, then extract the bios from your own PS2.
if it's yours, then ask your brother's to lend you his PS2 (assuming it's not the same model) and extract the bios from it.