I need SSE3 Plugin help
So guys I need SSE3 plugin since I am a AMD user it would help if someone can provide me with a link for the plugin I am having a hard time with the graphics and I do not like SSE2 since it is not that good for the emulator I am currently trying to play Dogs Life, Which drops at slow speeds such as 20-30 fps please help me get this plugin. I am pretty much a noob I have searched everywhere before anyone asks all I am asking for is some help Thank you.

Sponsored links

What makes you think SSE3 is going to help you.

FYI, unlike Intel which goes get an improvement on SSE3 compiled applications, AMD DOES NOT, Infact AMD suffers performance dentriments when using SSE3 instructions

Further, the reason why there is no SSE3 optimised GSDX is because none of the instructions provided any benefit over SSE2.
I have tried it before and it helped a big amount it was working at really fast speeds and then I lost it somehow...
Who said AMD does not? It improved my speed.
It got me to 60fps and higher but I have lost the plugin because I installed a new version of PCXS2 Sad
GSdx doesn't support SSE3 nor SSE4a, on the other side SSE2 isn't really soo "much slower" than SSSE3 or SSE4.1 which is supported. If you have slowdowns they aren't really related much to GSdx SSE version. Older GSdx probably worked for games you tried faster and it has nothing to do with "SSE2 being slow".

You can find older GSdx plugins here. Stick to SSE2 version through. Even if some older SSSE3 plugin could work for you, it'll lead to crash when SSSE3 instructions are called.
Quote:It improved my speed.

Sure it did.

Quote:Who said AMD does not?

Everyone who tries using SSE3 instructions on AMD CPU's (that can be taken at face value) and their dog.
(08-20-2011, 06:05 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Sure it did.

Everyone who tries using SSE3 instructions on AMD CPU's (that can be taken at face value) and their dog.
Instead of denying what I say can you help me increase my speed.
Sure

Overclock to 5Ghz, or buy a capable intel cpu that runs atleast 3Ghz prior to overclocking.

other then that, live with the performance that your incapable processor allows 'ney.

Jake Stine Wrote:Also, your cpu "losing" to an Intel Core 2 has NOTHING to do with SSE.

It has to do with the fact that AMD chose not to support "Denormals Are Zero" optimizations. Intel chose to support this feature of the IEEE 754 floating point standard, which is a mode the PS2 itself utilizes; and it yields significant speedups in many games.

I do not want to come out and say your CPU is inferior to Intels -- it isn't. But it *is* inferior when it comes to what PCSX2 needs in order to emulate a PS2. DAZ is a feature that few PC games or software utilize, but it is something PCSX2 relies on a lot. This is a reality you cannot alter through AMD fanboy thinking alone.

i can't support what he says at the end of his post, because for what you pay for the processor, it is vastly inferior.
Useless. Don't worry I fixed it..
Whoa! You "fixed it"...!?
How about you share this "fix" with the rest of the community?

I'd love to hear how someone who's "pretty much a noob" managed to make the very first GSdx plugin that utilizes the completely useless SSE3 intruction set...

Or, you can "save face", and just admit that you've been confused between SSE3 and SSSE3. Smile
(08-20-2011, 09:26 PM)Rezard Wrote: Whoa! You "fixed it"...!?
How about you share this "fix" with the rest of the community?

I'd love to hear how someone who's "pretty much a noob" managed to make the very first GSdx plugin that utilizes the completely useless SSE3 intruction set...

Or, you can "save face", and just admit that you've been confused between SSE3 and SSSE3. Smile
LMAO! you thnk your smart don't you, someone on youtube actually helped me out so get lost dumb ass