I need help inserting something
Is there a way to add audio cd on this ps2 emulator. If yes, im having trouble doing it, I insert a CD-R and when I boot it up, this what happened... (Red Screen of Death)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

There's no support for audio CDs yet. (Personally I really don't see a need to add this feature either, considering you can just play the CD on your computer anyways, there's no need to play it through an emulator).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Well unless you're on the road with a laptop and the thing doesn't have an optical drive then you would, but besides that I agree Smile
(06-02-2019, 12:34 PM)StriFe Wrote: Well unless you're on the road with a laptop and the thing doesn't have an optical drive then you would, but besides that I agree Smile

Well sure, I was wrong it didnt show up the disc 

btw I wanted to try playing cd on the emulator

(06-02-2019, 09:41 AM)Ryudo Wrote: There's no support for audio CDs yet. (Personally I really don't see a need to add this feature either, considering you can just play the CD on your computer anyways, there's no need to play it through an emulator).

Well, I wanted to try it on the emulator  Smile

(06-02-2019, 09:41 AM)Ryudo Wrote: There's no support for audio CDs yet. (Personally I really don't see a need to add this feature either, considering you can just play the CD on your computer anyways, there's no need to play it through an emulator).

Well, I wanted to try it on the emulator  Smile
(06-02-2019, 12:34 PM)StriFe Wrote: Well unless you're on the road with a laptop and the thing doesn't have an optical drive then you would, but besides that I agree Smile

Umm how will he play the cd in the first place then even if pcsx2 supported CD-Audio
If he have an image of it,you can still play it without using pcsx2 by mounting the image any use one of the million played that support CDA including windows media player

If you determined to play the CDA trough emulator Thegooddiamond28...ePSXe can do that
Besides, it's not in the priorty list for the developers. There are other features that's being worked on that have much higher priorties.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Hm, I think CDA was supported.
Try using a real CD, selecting CDVD -> Plugin (use cdvdGigaherz), start the emulator and run the BIOS (no disk in drive), then put the disk in.
I've definitely seen this work once Tongue2
(06-06-2019, 08:35 PM)rama Wrote: Hm, I think CDA was supported.
Try using a real CD, selecting CDVD -> Plugin (use cdvdGigaherz), start the emulator and run the BIOS (no disk in drive), then put the disk in.
I've definitely seen this work once Tongue2
I tried that and no RSoD, but when I did that the CD player is not appearing and reading.

Well, i dont think so. I do think there is CD audio because someone told me that CD Audios are supported in the software.
It will work but the CD has to be read from a physical drive due to the way the internal reader functions.