I need help understanding how to chea in PCSX2
You still don't get it do you.You are still thinking and using values like if the game don't use any calculation method(search for what you see)

BTW the max value that fit in the place for gold is not 99,999 but 999,999...and 7FFFFF45 gives you almost 900,000 and also,there is absolutely no point in trying a code in .pnach format while searching.Rather that typing in pnach FFFFFFFF you could type in CE in dec frmat 4294967295 or in hex format FFFFFFFF...the result will be the same.It's not like when the codes are in .pnach they will work any different than editing the values with CE

Sponsored links

Miseru, you posted while I was writing that post and going back n' forth between my PCSX2 and this forum, and I didn't notice your post until about 5 minutes ago. My bad!

I think I understand things a little better now.
I'm happy playing Drakan with infinite health. I wish there was a code, either .pnach or in-game that would make weapons and armor indestructible, or at the very least, make it so that max durability never drops when you repair them.

Right now, I just go up to monsters and hack them to death with my beginning weapon, Rynn's Dagger (which is the only indestructible weapon in the game). In all of my previous play-throughs, I went the full magic route (max level 8) so that I didn't have to worry abut durability on weapons which is a bit cheesy.The infinite gold cheat alleviates the durability problem by just buying replacement gear, but at the same time, it doesn't help at all with unique weapons that can't be bought ad-infinitum to bypass the durability issue.

So back to the desire for the elusive and yet-to-be-found "indestructible" weapons / armor code. Then I can play Drakan with whatever melee or bow weapons I want, unique or normal ones.
you used my guide? or one that they had on the CE site?
Well seeing as this game loves to make things it's own way it can be a slightly harder to find durability, but surely not impossible. Try this:

-Make a few savestates which have your item with different durability(or just use those you already have).
-Load one of those states, search through 204F0000-204FFFFF(or even smaller like 204FC000-204FCFFF) memory range for an unknown initial value of 4 bytes, then load one which surely have this value different and search again for CHANGED value(not decreased as would seem best to do, couse this game can calculate it in completely different way, but for sure the value does change somehow).
-Repeat a few times and if durability changes only by using the item, don't use it, change your location, change other things and check at least once for unchanged value to limit the foundlist even more.
-When you have few adresses found, test if freezing them does stop your weapon durability from decreasing, if it does, then just find which one it is, if it doesn't then make a wider search(20000000-21ffffff, there's absolutely not a single reason to search through the default whole 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF in ps2 game;], it's just a waste of time).

If you find correct adress for your item, it's highly possible other items are close around, soo limiting memory you search through is always a nice way, but actually if they're really close it's even easier to just browse memory around the adress you found. Knowing all already cheated player values are stored around 204FC954 I would start even more bluntly and just browse this memory range;]. It's quite possible all of those values are stored in some encrypted table close around itself couse in most other games money and hp aren't stored soo close like here. Just guess, but it's surely worth checking;]. Soo if you still reading before trying the previous thing, just add that adress for hp 204FC954 to cheat engine cheat table, right click it and select "browse this memory region" make the bottom part of memory viewer as wide and tall as you can to leave it visible while still playing the game and observe which adresses change(they'll flash on red) in memory viewer when your items durability drops. Like I said it's just a blunt guess mixed with my experience, I don't even have the game to check it myself, but looking at existing codes it seems highly possible that all of other player variables are around there.