I think I found a good sub 1k PC to play most pcsx2 games, thoughts?
I've spent days looking for specs that run most pcsx2 games, its kind of hard to find, there is a forum from 2008 where op says "he needed to update it" and other forum posts. the common theme I found is a future proof 3.8 GHz or higher CPU as well as an AMD GPU (at least for dolphin) I also spent days looking for laptops with the rig and lololololoolololol I aint spending 1500 dollars, I also tried building a PC which didn't turn out to well (spent the parts back didn't feel like messing with that ***** again, the guy online who had the recommendations has a small tower, to small for the parts, it made me mad and i was just like fuuuuu) anyway I came across a couple websites and seem to be satisfied with this iBuypower PC thats around 770, I feel this seems to do the job for dolphin and pcsx2 emulation THE SPECS: Case :: Raidmax Ninja II Gaming Case - Orange iBUYPOWER Elite Build Package :: None LED Fan Lighting :: None Case Lighting :: None iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction :: None iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion :: None Processor :: Intel® Core™ i3-6300 Processor (2x 3.80GHz/4MB L3 Cache) Processor Cooling :: Asetek 510LC Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1150/1151] - Free Upgrade to Asetek 550LC (Standard 120mm Fan) Memory :: 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR4-2133 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand Video Card :: AMD Radeon RX 470 - 4GB - Single Card SLI Bridge :: None Motherboard :: Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P -- 2x PCIe x16, 2x USB 3.1, 3x USB 3.0, 1x M.2, DDR4 Memory Power Supply :: 350 Watt - Standard - Free Upgrade to 700W Standard 80 PLUS Bronze Advance Cabling Options :: Standard Default Cables Primary Hard Drive :: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive *Free Upgrade to 3TB Hard Drive Data Hard Drive :: None Optical Drive :: 24x Dual Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black 2nd Optical Drive :: None Media Card Reader / Writer :: None Meter Display :: None Sound Card :: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard Network Card :: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) USB Expansion Card ::

Straight up copy and pasted from ibuypower

Sponsored links

Oh dear lawd.. wanna try some white space formatting ?

BTw - for those of us that have the dark theme.. your post is almost invisible.

That brand new processor may have some issues in pcsx2. AMD as well. If you can do the same type build using a intel I5 3570 or faster, your chip will definitely do. Your video card, check out the 1060.. anything gtx750 or better will do you well..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(08-30-2016, 05:56 AM)scythefwd Wrote: Oh dear lawd.. wanna try some white space formatting ?

BTw - for those of us that have the dark theme.. your post is almost invisible.

That brand new processor may have some issues in pcsx2.  AMD as well.  If you can do the same type build using a intel I5 3570 or faster, your chip will definitely do.  Your video card, check out the 1060.. anything gtx750 or better will do you well..

Thanks man, the bad thing is that the only processors have more than 3.8ghz in the build cost over 120 more (those are the only ones that can be overclocked anyway) . And the only other video cards are NVIDIA (which I head doesn't support most software used for emulation) I could post the options though if you want. (from ibuypower) Also AMD is recommended for dolphin which is why i chose that.
Where did you see that amd gpu were recommended for dolphin?
The Dolphin FAQ doesn't recommend any GPU vendor over the others.
You would be better off building your own instead of buying a pre-built. That way you can cater more to your needs. PCSX2 likes powerful CPU's and GPU's; everything else can take a back seat.
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB
cage, you don't need 3.8ghz.. Im running a 3.4ghz i7 3770 and there are very very few games that give me any issues. You should be able to replicate my build for well under 1k and have no issues playing 90% of games.
nzxt 340 case
ok, on amazon, buying everything new except case, kb, mouse, and monitor... you can get all the parts in my system except using an i5 3570 vs. the i7 3770 for $$838.xx

That's my mobo, the chip mentioned above, 16 gb pc 12800 ram, gtx 750 ti oc video, 1tb wd blue drive, cnps 9900 max cooler. You can save a few bucks getting a cnps 9900a cooler.. about 10-20 dollars right there.

That would roughly give you a passmark stp score of 2000... 1600 being the recommended for most games (recommended meaning on average, not that 1600 is required for the game to run smoothly). Cases are cheap. I assume that your going to reuse your mouse, KB, monitor... Few hours of your time for build, cable dressing, and burn in testing... I could get cheaper if I went looking, but that would be a more than sufficient setup. I run most games at 4x native at 100% speed... My passmark before I went dual channel ram, 2048ish, so you'd be in the same performance ballpark.

If you can get your hands on a K chip... my mobo has some limited OC potential, it allows you to "override" the cpu multiplier.. aka overclock. My chip is locked so that wont work on my current setup, but a 3.8 - 4.2 should be a non issue with a good cooler (the one I listed will handle it, maybe not the best, but it would work well) with my setup. You might be able to get a 4690 with a 1150 mobo even cheaper, or a 4570 at 3.3ghz and still be running well. You can cut corners here and there and it wont matter too much, etc.

If you want to go a little bit cheaper, I have a used i3 3240 with a stp of about 1800 that I could be convinced to get rid of if you need one and have a compatible mobo.. IF you live where shipping wont be hell on me lol.
nzxt 340 case
1000 dollars to play pcsx2?

Core 2 duo E8400 and a 9800gtx is enough for 95% of the games.
try 50 bucks.
(09-02-2016, 03:30 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: 1000 dollars to play pcsx2?

Core 2 duo E8400 and a 9800gtx is enough for 95% of the games.
try 50 bucks.
No it's not. I had a faster Core2Duo than that and it was enough for more than 50%, but definitely not anywhere near 95%.