I think I'm very close... [Segmentation Fault]
Hello all,

Very much looking forward to trying this out. But need a little help to push over the edge. I think I'm very close to getting this working. Apologies in advance if there's a previous thread covering this topic although I was unable to find one here.

Let me start from the very beginning, and hopefully I'll be clear enough to articulate the roadblock.
  • pcsx2 Mac 0.9.6 / Nvidia CG / XQuartz 2.4.0 ...all downloaded and installed.
  • plugins (ZZOgl.0.19.195.dmg and ZZOgl.0.21.204.dmg) from zedr0n's site ...unzipped and in the plugins folder (path: right click App > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > pcsx2 > plugins)
  • I have my own bios. I can PM you a list of their names if that appears to be the problem although I really really doubt it. (path: right click App > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > pcsx2 > *self created folder* bios)
  • I have a FFXII iso ...check.

So when I run pcsx2, I get what I believe to be the game screen as blank white, and this in the X11 terminal...

Code:
ZZogl: Using ZZ Ogl :0.21.204
ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-xmBzoE/:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 2048 for Tex_2d and 2048 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
pcsx2.sh: line 2:  6972 Segmentation fault      ./pcsx2

Again, I'm not a computer expert but "Segmentation fault" makes me think something isn't in the right place?

I'm pretty sure I have the tools. Correct paths, I'm not so sure. Here are screenshots, maybe they'll be helpful:

1. Main Configure Menu
[Image: 33eog0k.jpg]

2. CDVDrom Sub-meuu
[Image: 27x3u61.png]

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided! Please let me know if more information is useful.

Sponsored links

Seg Faults hold a special place in my heart; a place full of sulfur and brimstone that burns with an indescribable hatred. They are a rather special way for a program to crash, but don't really help diagnose why it's doing it.

Since I know nearly nothing about pcsx2 on a Mac I don't know how to fix it, but I can point you in the right direction. The Mac section may get less traffic, but chances are your issue is going to be Mac-specific anyway so it's the only real way to go.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Ahh. My mistake. Thanks very much. Would a mod please move this thread to the appropriate forum as echosierra suggests?
Segfault is general crush error, it generate a core dump file (if use set ulimit -a with enough value) and could be used for backtrace. But here we saw error log end with following lines: "ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 2048 for Tex_2d and 2048 for Tex_NV" (it's CreateOtherCheck() function line) and ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing (this is GSsetGameCRC() that was called from Create()). Next message should be one about billinear block's, and it's you missing. So crush occurred in ZZoglCreate.cpp, between lines 735 and 849. Probably in

glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0x100*sizeof(VertexGPU), NULL, GL_STREAM_DRAW);

-- if you videomemory is low, this one could failed. Well. And you check my guess, new ZZogl should be compilled for Mac, that almost impossible for me.
Okay. Sorry to ask another stupid question. But how would I check to see if my video memory is low? That could be a fair diagnosis. I believe this is what you are asking, although I was a bit unclear. Does anyone else think this could be the case?

Thanks!
As far as I know segfault is when a program tries to write to a protected area in the RAM.
BTW funny folder name for FFXII you have there.