I've gotten SLI to work, not sure if this has been done yet...
please run this benchmark in SLI and non SLI so we can settle this :

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GPU-Bench...-for-PCSX2

Sponsored links

Ok whats wrong with this? I see it as a good thing so what if his maximum drops a few fps if its more then double what the game should be running at? On top of that if SLI helps him to go from say 45 fps in busy areas to the full 60fps in all parts of the game then I see it as a win.
that's why since we have different thoughts and experiences please do the benchmark !
@SpicyItalian739

Is your gtx 680 the 2GB or 4GB version? A gtx 680 alone is more than enough to run FFXII but when you upscale it at 1440p then it's a different story if you're using a 2GB gtx 680. If you can run it at 1080p without issue but have issue beyond that then obviously you're hitting the vram limits. Also, you might want to overclock your CPU to get better speed at upscale res.
(05-06-2013, 12:24 AM)tuanming Wrote: @SpicyItalian739

Is your gtx 680 the 2GB or 4GB version? A gtx 680 alone is more than enough to run FFXII but when you upscale it at 1440p then it's a different story if you're using a 2GB gtx 680. If you can run it at 1080p without issue but have issue beyond that then obviously you're hitting the vram limits. Also, you might want to overclock your CPU to get better speed at upscale res.

(05-05-2013, 08:32 PM)SpicyItalian739 Wrote: ? I have an i7-3770K OC'ed to 4.5 ghz,

don't worry about the CPU it's way beyond the game requirement Smile

however like are you sure about the VRAM limit like does upscaling take that much !
(05-05-2013, 08:32 PM)SpicyItalian739 Wrote: For whatever reason, it only works optimally on my system with those exact settings. Like I said, I spent hours flipping every switch in that program and just experimenting. Why that one single 16x AA works in conjunction with AFR? I'm not sure. Did you try forcing any of the other rendering modes? AFR2?

Everybody is going to have a different graphics card and CPU, so you might be bopttlenecked by your CPU? I have an i7-3770K OC'ed to 4.5 ghz, for reference. I'm using DX11 plugin also, with DX11 cards and 4.1 shader plugin (GSdx 5464) in v 1.1.0.

Also, there is an ancillary benefit of your cards running about 10-15 degrees cooler (celcius).

One last thing... I saw that you were using a 3DMark profile, but did you try the Crysis 3 profile with the modified SLI Compatibility Bits profiles in the top box?

Edit: the 3DMark profile was an attempt long ago, which did not function, I did like the screenshot using Crysis 3 (which was not released at that time) and the report was using crysis 3 as base.

Now I understand, with such setup you are pushing the system so high that without the SLI things would not work at all indeed.

About the testings I did, I took care to not enter a situation the CPU would be the bottleneck (although if the SLI was working for me it would not worsen the situation).

For most people setting the cards too high and things like 16x AA is not realistic, if you need it for the SLI to give you gain and it is working, good. for me it reduces the FPS badly. If changing the methods I get flickering also, so, for me at least it did not help.
Imagination is where we are truly real
vram limit? what's that? 2GB is enough. it's using 675MB uncompressed memory for that resolution, 16x multisampled and triple buffered. the graphics card wouldn't initiliase the renderer if the setup was too high. sorry Wink

i'm sure it's a synchronizing thing and bit of increased rasterizing and shading load. also the setup has tear controls on.
(05-05-2013, 09:13 PM)SpicyItalian739 Wrote: The weird thing is that my max framerate seems to drop by about 3-4 FPS while using SLI (from about 150-147ish in dungeons), but my MINIMUM framerate in busy areas seems to not bounce below 59.9, where it would before. It's hard to say for sure without somebody here duplicating my results that knows a bit more about this stuff than me.

To reiterate, my max FPS drops with the frame limiter off, but my minimum FPS are higher by what I'm estimating to be about 10-15 fps depending on the scene.

This settles things, actually you are using much more resources (the two cards being used) and not really having gain with the SLI. This scenery is similar to mine just than mine is a lot worse, where you get 150FPS and then has to spare, my machine struggles to keep somewhat above 60FPS, in this case the drop of FPS is relatively huge and not only between 4 and 10 frames but between 10 and 30!.

PS: That's not a flaw in your profile setup, it at least worked to make the two cards divide the load, the problem is there is no optimization in the driver specific for PCSX2 and it is nothing similar to any game profile you could find (actually two games on PCSX2 is enough to make it nothing like itself in the other game).
Imagination is where we are truly real