I've gotten SLI to work, not sure if this has been done yet...
Actualization.

Sorry OP, I regret to say that although the load at the two cards works fine in that setup the FPS actually falls when using it. I know it is strange the two CPUs are being heavily loaded but the result is worse and for a large margin. Maybe is the sheer power of your cards preventing you to notice it.

Test with the framelimiter disabled, report the result, maybe I missed something. All the changes I did not do were related with antialiazing and should not affect negatively.

Edit: there is a point I forgot, the SLI does not doubles the VRAM and maybe it is being overused, let's test again with more reasonable plugin setup, because the load indeed divides between the cards.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(05-05-2013, 01:37 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: just because the he was able to run 1440p while he can't without "SLI usage" and he was able to play 1080p yep for an extra GPU it is minimal !

I see what you mean. However, we cannot say that for sure. If without SLI, he can run the game at 30 FPS in 1440p but with SLI he can run at 60 FPS that is 2 times of FPS gain and don't forget that without frame limiter the FPS could go up even higher.

OP, what is the FPS in 1440p without SLI?
(05-05-2013, 03:20 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Actualization.

Sorry OP, I regret to say that although the load at the two cards works fine in that setup the FPS actually falls when using it. I know it is strange the two CPUs are being heavily loaded but the result is worse and for a large margin. Maybe is the sheer power of your cards preventing you to notice it.

Test with the framelimiter disabled, report the result, maybe I missed something. All the changes I did not do were related with antialiazing and should not affect negatively.

Edit: there is a point I forgot, the SLI does not doubles the VRAM and maybe it is being overused, let's test again with more reasonable plugin setup, because the load indeed divides between the cards.

oh dear was putting some hopes on this continuing on ...

(05-05-2013, 03:35 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I see what you mean. However, we cannot say that for sure. If without SLI, he can run the game at 30 FPS in 1440p but with SLI he can run at 60 FPS that is 2 times of FPS gain and don't forget that without frame limiter the FPS could go up even higher.

well that's awfly good performance a 100% utilization are you mad Tongue ( no offense btw )
Doubling the performance is not achievable indeed but it can be as much as above 90% in some cases, I can tell this from experience with PC games, just that till now I did not find a way to get it on PCSX2, as pointed by Rama in another thread, the video driver itself needs to be optimized in a case basis to get reasonable gain.

In some cases the engines are similar enough to certain game profile being useful in another, sadly PCSX2 has nothing in common with PC games.

Besides, my testing will not be that useful in the cases my CPU (a bulldozer) is the bottleneck... for that reason a certain set of criteria must be used if I'm to pass a verdict on his setup.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-05-2013, 03:55 PM)The Old Refuge Wrote: well that's awfly good performance a 100% utilization are you mad Tongue ( no offense btw )

I'm not sure if you notice the word "if". Smile My point is that we cannot know how much the performance gain is if we don't know the percentage of performance improved. Actually, even only 30% increased in FPS is a huge performance improvement for me.
30% is huge heck even 20% but the dude here above is much more experience in PCSX2 and using SLI system and the performance decreased !
triple buffering and forced afr. i guess that did the trick. the second starts a new frame while the other is finishing up the last, where it was out of sync and overloaded alone before. minor question is how responsive it is still in sli. i presume a 1 or 2 frame delay. wait. that's 33 milliseconds. who'd notice that. Laugh
33 ms in only graphic rendering hmm that will be an awfully laggy game !
(05-05-2013, 03:20 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Actualization.

For whatever reason, it only works optimally on my system with those exact settings. Like I said, I spent hours flipping every switch in that program and just experimenting. Why that one single 16x AA works in conjunction with AFR? I'm not sure. Did you try forcing any of the other rendering modes? AFR2?

Everybody is going to have a different graphics card and CPU, so you might be bopttlenecked by your CPU? I have an i7-3770K OC'ed to 4.5 ghz, for reference. I'm using DX11 plugin also, with DX11 cards and 4.1 shader plugin (GSdx 5464) in v 1.1.0.

Also, there is an ancillary benefit of your cards running about 10-15 degrees cooler (celcius).

One last thing... I saw that you were using a 3DMark profile, but did you try the Crysis 3 profile with the modified SLI Compatibility Bits profiles in the top box?
(05-05-2013, 03:35 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I see what you mean. However, we cannot say that for sure. If without SLI, he can run the game at 30 FPS in 1440p but with SLI he can run at 60 FPS that is 2 times of FPS gain and don't forget that without frame limiter the FPS could go up even higher.

The weird thing is that my max framerate seems to drop by about 3-4 FPS while using SLI (from about 150-147ish in dungeons), but my MINIMUM framerate in busy areas seems to not bounce below 59.9, where it would before. It's hard to say for sure without somebody here duplicating my results that knows a bit more about this stuff than me.

To reiterate, my max FPS drops with the frame limiter off, but my minimum FPS are higher by what I'm estimating to be about 10-15 fps depending on the scene.