I've tried everything! (New user, please help!)
I've recently got a new high-end laptop (lenovo y50) and I wanted to set up PCSX2. I downloaded the installer and plugins/bios and got everything set up, but initially I was getting some graphical glitches that made most games unplayable. The games I am trying currently are Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 and Champions of Norrath.

I've followed the Config. Guide on this website, I've read through other topics, watched a few setup videos but nothing I've done can get it working properly.

I can either get the games working at a great speed, but with serious graphical problems. (http://imgur.com/u2zT6FI,k1RHvEI#0)
Or, I can get the games looking right, but with serious slowdown once I get in game.

I have an Intel Core i7-4710HQ (2.5GHz), 8GB RAM and NVidia GeForce GTX 860M.

I've tried the NVidia Hack, I've tried Software mode, Hardware mode, I've messed around with the speedhacks (which seems to have zero effect no matter what setting), and I've tried the different 'Presets' in the settings.

Here's a few images showing my current settings. The ones I don't show are set to default. http://imgur.com/kT7ZWUa,tv49QWS,PyoQeFg,zym51sX

Can anyone give me some tips to help me out? I'm dying to get this working.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

if you prefer, not having graphical glitches use sw mode which, gives a little performance loss but, you can use sw mode +3 threads to speed it up a little.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Ok, that works for Ready 2 Rumble (The 'glitches' I get in that game during Hardware Mode only seem to occur in the menus/cutscenes, in-game is perfect), but for Champions of Norrath, the 'glitch' that I get in Hardware mode is the right half of the screen being completely obscured.

Is there anything else I can try? Is there maybe a list of settings that work for specific games? Or will certain games just be a lost cause in Hardware mode because of the graphical glitches I get?
Champions of Norrath is a Snowblind engine game and you have to use software mode for it, otherwise you get the halfscreen thing.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
its a laptop so you have it in high performance mode right?
(11-19-2014, 11:30 PM)Tobast Wrote: Ok, that works for Ready 2 Rumble (The 'glitches' I get in that game during Hardware Mode only seem to occur in the menus/cutscenes, in-game is perfect), but for Champions of Norrath, the 'glitch' that I get in Hardware mode is the right half of the screen being completely obscured.

Is there anything else I can try? Is there maybe a list of settings that work for specific games? Or will certain games just be a lost cause in Hardware mode because of the graphical glitches I get?

the solutions you can try to fix games at hardware mode are:
  • try changing other videobackends at hardware mode
example:-
if, currently you chose dx11(hw mode) try with opengl, dx9 (hardware mode).
  • disable hw hacks
if, these steps still don't work, then sw mode is the best you can achieve without glitches.