I want to ask about the nightly builds
I saw https://www(.)ncaanext(.)com/2023/02/psa-do-not-upgrade-pcsx2-to-174014-or.html. I recently updated rpcs3 to 1.7.5793. Has the issue which the website talked about been resolved in 1.7.5793?

Which is the best most stable nightly build? I want to play a game and I want to stick to the same version and I don't want to keep on updating the nightly build while I am playing the game.

Sponsored links

(05-09-2024, 01:08 PM)cns000 Wrote: I saw https://www(.)ncaanext(.)com/2023/02/psa-do-not-upgrade-pcsx2-to-174014-or.html. I recently updated rpcs3 to 1.7.5793. Has the issue which the website talked about been resolved in 1.7.5793?
no, and it won't be since it's not an "issue"
Quote:Which is the best most stable nightly build? I want to play a game and I want to stick to the same version and I don't want to keep on updating the nightly build while I am playing the game.
latest is the most "stable"
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-09-2024, 02:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: no, and it won't be since it's not an "issue"

What does the website mean by way jersey number textures and why are they complaining because it's different in the newer builds?
(05-09-2024, 02:35 PM)cns000 Wrote: What does the website mean by way jersey number textures and why are they complaining because it's different in the newer builds?

because dumping/loading custom textures changed to be more accurate.
since they don't want to remake their "texture packs" to make them compatible with newer versions, they advise not to update.

it's their choice, they are free to do so and advise it. we just don't support
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-09-2024, 02:35 PM)cns000 Wrote: What does the website mean by way jersey number textures and why are they complaining because it's different in the newer builds?

It's about the texture mod that site or someone's hosted.
Apparently the way how the PCSX2 grab the textures now was incompatible with the mod.
You shouldn't be worried much if you only want to play games.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
The modder's alpha values are incorrect, and we now care about what they are, but instead of asking us why and fixing them, they just told everybody we broke everything and we suck and not to upgrade until we fix it, instead of correcting it themselves (they probably forgot to scale the values when modifying the textures).

It's going to be a battle they won't win, they need to fix their crap.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]