I want to help, but I don't know how
I really want to help you guys with the code and stuff, but I

1. Don't know the first thing about coding
2. Have a pretty meh PC.

I REALLY want to code, and I just want to know if I can learn from someone here, bc I seriously know nothing about coding. I'd also like tips of some sort. I really like this emu, and I hope I can help push it to perfection. Thanks in advance Tongue

Sponsored links

pcsx2 is extremely complex. It will take you months to years to even have the coding skill to read the current source code. Then you'll have to learn about the ps2 hardware.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-26-2015, 11:39 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: pcsx2 is extremely complex. It will take you months to years to even have the coding skill to read the current source code. Then you'll have to learn about the ps2 hardware.

Oh, I have the time. I have too much time. I'm willing to learn whatever I can Tongue. I imagined any emulation of any 5th gen+ console is hard as hell, but I'm up for the probably strenuous task.
I smell another chip8 emulator in the future Tongue
(01-27-2015, 12:06 AM)Coornio Wrote: I smell another chip8 emulator in the future Tongue

Yeah, CHIP-8 -> NES -> PSX ->ps2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
l337 n00b?

Well if you want to start coding... you should learn coding. May sound odd but coding requires coding skills.
So my suggestion would be: Start coding. Not something like an emulator... but maybe some hello world program...?!
(01-27-2015, 01:26 AM)willkuer Wrote: My suggestion would be: Start coding. Not something like an emulator... but maybe some hello world program...?!

Thanks Tongue
(01-27-2015, 01:28 AM)kfdz277 Wrote: Thanks Tongue

Considering i'm no programming genius like the rest of the people here, I could probably explain to you with simple words and examples a few concepts if you wish Tongue

But also: http://www.learncpp.com/
Great introduction to both programming and C++. You don't have to learn all of it in one go though, so don't stress Smile
when, you have standard knowledge of c/c++. I recommend you to read this guide to get started with emulation. the road to become a pcsx2 coder is long and hard. so, quitting at the middle won't help so, make sure you have a great dedication for coding. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction