I would like to know if my system can handle most games?
I've already referred to this post before coming here. The problem is there are so many possible system configurations that it would be quite difficult to answer for all of them. The reason I ask is because I tried playing a game called "Black" and it was extremely slow. I researched my options and many people said to use various speedhack settings. Well, I tried, but I could never get above 35-40 FPS no matter what. I even tried software rendering which gave only a slight boost in frame rate at the expense of important graphics/models.

Specs:

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4GHz)
GPU - GTX 550 TI
RAM - 8GB

My selected plugins:

[Image: sGN4CTj.png]

Sponsored links

when you tried software mode, did you alter the number of "extra rendering threads" in GSDX beforehand? If not, the ideal setting for you is 3
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-17-2014, 01:40 AM)refraction Wrote: when you tried software mode, did you alter the number of "extra rendering threads" in GSDX beforehand? If not, the ideal setting for you is 3

Really though, why not just fix that option to "total rendering threads" and set min as 1 so it's less confusing?
(02-17-2014, 01:47 AM)Coornio Wrote: Really though, why not just fix that option to "total rendering threads" and set min as 1 so it's less confusing?

I didn't write it so it wasn't my choice ;p but people will still miss it
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-17-2014, 01:32 AM)SZ87 Wrote: I've already referred to this post before coming here. The problem is there are so many possible system configurations that it would be quite difficult to answer for all of them. The reason I ask is because I tried playing a game called "Black" and it was extremely slow. I researched my options and many people said to use various speedhack settings. Well, I tried, but I could never get above 35-40 FPS no matter what. I even tried software rendering which gave only a slight boost in frame rate at the expense of important graphics/models.

Specs:

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4GHz)
GPU - GTX 550 TI
RAM - 8GB

My selected plugins:

[Image: sGN4CTj.png]

That CPU has bad single threaded performance. If software mode with 3 extra rendering threads doesn't help you are gonna have to use speedhacks and overclock.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black