I5 2500k throttling down using PCSX2
That was me PMing you. Thank you, kind sir. Actually, the software has stopped my problems so far but I only had the Prochot turned off, I'll see if the other options give me more of a boost.

Sponsored links

Iceman, nobody was doubting your knowledge but you may be being a tad jumping also in the conclusions. That issue with PCSX2 and Intel throttle is old, as was noticed this thread started last year and did not go ahead because a solution was found that is putting Windows in a performance power plan. This effectively solves the issue with PCSX2.

The usage description gave by you includes disabling C1E, what is already part of the power saving... does not matter, if the application helps with other situations I'm not even aware because I don't use Intel CPUs since Intel started implementing TC in their devices, then it is a golden find for Intel users.

Just than in a way, changing the profile the application is actually deactivating power saving features and even more because that prochot thing, so it is easier to use and for that all the Intel users may have reason to thank.

In the end, the tone of some your posts leads to think are you who seem to think we all are clueless about computers, may be correct in some cases but not in all cases.

PS: Notice I avoided talking about eist because I have no clue about how it affects Intel CPU, but from many people telling to disable it also (and it is clearly part of power saving), there is no surprise it being disabled by the application as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
for god sake mate...forget abt eist and c1E...this is about prochot..i know it might be a but much to read..but please do....
(06-12-2013, 07:50 PM)IcemanSR Wrote: for god sake mate...forget abt eist and c1E...this is about prochot..i know it might be a but much to read..but please do....

Your condescending/chastising tone is becoming annoying, are from your own words stating the "performance" setup disables eist and C1E and those are power saving features. Something is needed to activate prochot signal, don't you think?

PS: actually disabling prochot signal is dangerous unless one is sure the CPU is never going to thermal throttle, it should not be used carelessly.
Actually, despite his tone, he helped. I posted a thread about this very same problem with my computer, people tried to help and then a moderator whom I assume was 12 locked the thread because apparently telling him that I know what I'm doing is against forums policy and couldn't be bother to direct me 4 threads down the forums to the actual solution.
(06-13-2013, 04:38 AM)KetchupT100 Wrote: Actually, despite his tone, he helped. I posted a thread about this very same problem with my computer, people tried to help and then a moderator whom I assume was 12 locked the thread because apparently telling him that I know what I'm doing is against forums policy and couldn't be bother to direct me 4 threads down the forums to the actual solution.

I do agree, just can't understand why he insist the downclock is only due to that prochot signal, actually it is normal for the cpu to throttle down when not loaded, that's one the main functions of power saving with modern CPUs.

Whatever the reason, putting Windows in Performance power plan solves that problem for PCSX2, just is annoying doing it each time going to play, the application might make it less a hassle.

About problems with moderator, seldom is just what the user believe, hardly is because you know what you are doing, most probably is something else you are failing to notice.
I always have my computer on Performance since it's always plugged in, I rarely use my battery. All in all, when I game now, I activate the program and it boosts all of my games. It also boosts the copying speed greatly. He wasn't talking about idle throttling, I didn't notice he was, actually.

As for the moderator, I'll send you a link for my thread and you can kindly point out where I did go wrong, if I did, and I'll take notice. I'm not unreasonable. It's just that he could have saved me a lot of time.
(06-12-2013, 09:24 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Your condescending/chastising tone is becoming annoying, are from your own words stating the "performance" setup disables eist and C1E and those are power saving features. Something is needed to activate prochot signal, don't you think?

PS: actually disabling prochot signal is dangerous unless one is sure the CPU is never going to thermal throttle, it should not be used carelessly.

i am annoying you..
and you should be Annoyed!
u cant read!

When you disable BD PROCHOT, your CPU will still slow down if it ever gets too hot and needs to. Disabling this signal path simply prevents anything else from throttling the CPU.
Linux is automatically TURNING OFF Prochot
dangerous for cpu?
u have no idea what are u talking about
just quit the topic please
Simmer down, guys. We're all grown-ups here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we should start bashing each other for it.
(06-14-2013, 10:06 PM)IcemanSR Wrote: i am annoying you..
and you should be Annoyed!
u cant read!

When you disable BD PROCHOT, your CPU will still slow down if it ever gets too hot and needs to. Disabling this signal path simply prevents anything else from throttling the CPU.
Linux is automatically TURNING OFF Prochot
dangerous for cpu?
u have no idea what are u talking about
just quit the topic please

First of all, if that was your thread I'd have quit long ago, bring actual arguments against what I said and even then you should know that tone is not necessary and is not welcome here.

You must be young to be so certain about what you know and about what someone else knows. All the time I have been supporting that the application you are defending may be good for Intel users, I can't even see why you are bothered by this.

The point being missed is that for some reason you seen to believe that temperature is the only factor slowing down the CPU clock and power usage.

About the protection against thermal throttling you may be referring to is the Thermtrip signal which shut down the system independent on the TCC status. Was not about risk of losing the CPU I was talking about, the danger I referred was exactly the machine shutting down without any "apparent" reason case the temp becomes too high. Then, you did not understand it well, it would slow down to save power but not by high temperature, it would shut down at once if the thermtrip was issued.

Now, I never disagree with disabling that prochot, if you was good reader would have noticed this since the beginning. More yet, you would notice you necromanced a thread that terminated because a solution was found. And I'm to blame also because I answered to it as it was new, and answered to the OP (not to you) that was not even reading the thread anymore... my bad.

I recommended to you to start a new thread with proper title because I believed the application could be worthy it, remember it is not well known by many around here, certainly was not by me.

In your own post where you talked about the profiles, there was the inclusion of two features that was what was being used all the time to correct the problem, both related with power saving. So yes, despite being easier to use the application is not yet obligatory to solve the problem with Intel downclocking with PCSX2 (I have no saying with any other application having throttling issues with Intel). To this is enough to put Windows in a performance plan and the problem is solved, "unless" it is really a temperature problem.

You are still young, hopefully you'll learn to talk with people like a person.