ICO - Background menu selector ?
helly guys, well i have a problem well... kinda bother me xD not a fatal error or something but the thing is when i am at the pause screen i really cant see the background selector (dont know if it's called that way) just look at it and plz tell me how to fix cuz im done for today xD. look at this screenshots

(btw this only happend when i put 3x,4x navite or above, but when is at ps2 res native i can see it) just take a look.

native

[Image: 8n5u.jpg]

4x native
[Image: muzd.jpg]

pd. my pcsx2 1.0.0 (default settings) video config below.

[Image: 12a00584a2b606b589310858cde0caf8.png]

let me know if u need other info.
CPU: i7 4770K @4.0 / 1.08v
MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK H81M-DGS
MEMORY: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 8GB (2x4gb) @ 1600Mhz
VGA: ZOTAC GTX 680 4GB - MONITOR: AOC 21.5 LED 1920x1080
HEADSET: TURTLE BEACH P11 - KEYBOARD: LOGITECH G510 - MOUSE: LOGITECH G500
CASE: ANTEC ONE
PSU: ANTEC EA-650 GREEN

Sponsored links

It looks like a post-processing effect. I think the solution is either stay at native res or try to play with the TC offset values in the HW hacks menu.
Offset hacks will not help at all in here... the effect is in correct place;p. You simply use 16 times bigger res(x4 is 4*X, 4*Y bigger;p = 16 times more pixels) and the effect has native res logic, hence it's way less visible.

People might be happy with "sharper" edges with upscalling, but that's pretty much makes 90% of post processing effects displayed in unplanned way;p, blur/glow turns into sharp details(while it shouldn't doesn't matter how unpopular those effects can be), grain/noise get's microscopic(like in this example;p) and so on, the game was simply designed for low res that's all.

No fix for such problems unless you find a way to patch the game itself.
Thumbs Up 
(09-14-2013, 07:43 AM)metalmallow Wrote: It looks like a post-processing effect. I think the solution is either stay at native res or try to play with the TC offset values in the HW hacks menu.

(09-14-2013, 07:49 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Offset hacks will not help at all in here... the effect is in correct place;p. You simply use 16 times bigger res(x4 is 4*X, 4*Y bigger;p = 16 times more pixels) and the effect has native res logic, hence it's way less visible.

People might be happy with "sharper" edges with upscalling, but that's pretty much makes 90% of post processing effects displayed in unplanned way;p, blur/glow turns into sharp details(while it shouldn't doesn't matter how unpopular those effects can be), grain/noise get's microscopic(like in this example;p) and so on, the game was simply designed for low res that's all.

thx both for the quick respond, well it's shame xD but i'll had to play it navite or 4x with that little problem xD.
(09-14-2013, 07:49 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Offset hacks will not help at all in here... the effect is in correct place;p. You simply use 16 times bigger res(x4 is 4*X, 4*Y bigger;p = 16 times more pixels) and the effect has native res logic, hence it's way less visible.

I didn't look at the second screenshot in full view. I thought the effect was absent. xD
You should try other res as well, x2 seems to be nice mix between improved graphics and still visible noise effect. I actually see it even on x4, but that's probably cause I'm soo blind to actually correct my sight with decent glasses.;X
(09-14-2013, 08:17 AM)metalmallow Wrote: I didn't look at the second screenshot in full view. I thought the effect was absent. xD

(09-14-2013, 08:19 AM)miseru99 Wrote: You should try other res as well, x2 seems to be nice mix between improved graphics and still visible noise effect. I actually see it even on x4, but that's probably cause I'm soo blind to actually correct my sight with decent glasses.;X

well i can berely see it but at 5 feet away i think my glasses are going to break xD.