IMPORTANT SVN CHANGES, Sept 7th 2009
The trunk of the PCSX2 svn is our new and wonderfully unstable new gui work-in-progress. Any bug reports regarding this build of PCSX2 will be ignored, until such time that the trunk is stable enough to be "usable."

Furthermore use the trunk revisions at your own risk. It has been known to delete memcards, plugins, savestates, and abort unborn children (and, if given a chance possibly abort the born variety as well).

Yes, It will take at least two weeks to get it into decently runnable condition. And during that time we will also have comments on Googlecode blocked, for the same reasons. It's just not useful to have people telling us that "omg it's suck slow!" when we haven't even connected the speedhacks yet.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

Why did you decide to use wxWidgets instead GTK or GTKmm?
Gentoo Linux x86(chroot)
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
nVidia Geforce 8800GT
Honestly GTK wasn't even on my radar. In the very brief amount of exposure I had to it in the old PCSX2 gui, and knowing what I know of GObject (which is GNU's object-oriented system for plain-jane C), I'd seen enough to write it off completely on coding style alone.

But in the long run GTK isn't much different than the Win32 API: It's a cluttered and haphazard design and generally too focused on providing too many 'fundamental' options for basic do-alls of windowing, and not enough practical convenience for putting together mundane dialog boxes. It's also built on the compiler and operating system technologies of yesteryear -- GObject is a lot like Microsoft's COM, and GDK is GNU's equivalent of GDI. And while GTK has a Win32 port, it's not an especially reassuring one since a good 90% of active GTK devs are linux only.

wxWidgets is modeled after modern architectures like Swing and .NET Framework. It's a higher level system who's focus is on dialog box design (which makes up most of PCSX2's interface). The devs are more focused on current and future tech than retaining full backward compatibility with GCC 2.2 and Sun SPARC compilers. It's also got large active dev teams in Windows and Linux, and is also a popular WindowsCE framework because it's ability to be very fast and very lightweight.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
What are the minimum system requirements to run this new(upcoming) emulator?
The same as before. This is not a new emulator, it's just a new graphical user interface (GUI)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
But, the new gui is incomplete(not have a fps limit like example), but is the only updated version.

will gonna update the legacy version?(1972 I think is the last)
No, that's why it's called legacy. And it does have a frame limiter, just press tab.
but frameskipping it doesnt have yet ?,or its there and i dont see it?
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
No, the frame limit/skip menu is obviously missing.
I am using PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3113), can someone upload the bios i can use for this version of PCSX2 ! Cuz i'm getttign rejected every time i try to configure.