ISO, better performance?
Does running an ISO from your computer have better performance than running it from the disc? thats the impression I have been given atleast, if so is there a program you could reccomend? possibly how to, but if I just have the program I should be able to figure it out myselfWink

Sponsored links

yes, using an ISO gives a speed boost.
aight, thanks for your answear, but what program should I use to make an ISO out of the cd?
http://www.lucersoft.com/files/free/LCISOCreator.zip
I use imgburn, but there's tons of them out there
I use Deamon Tools
ok, thanks everyone for your answearsSmile
Just out of interest, I wonder if it would be faster to extract the iso to raw files in a folder and get a plugin to run it from there?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

(04-13-2009, 04:24 PM)asvati Wrote: Does running an ISO from your computer have better performance than running it from the disc? thats the impression I have been given atleast, if so is there a program you could reccomend? possibly how to, but if I just have the program I should be able to figure it out myself;)

I use CDRWin,i have a little tip for you when you have Burned ISO then Use Linuz CDVD Plugin and Compress them to Gain Space.

Some Links For You:
CD-RWin
IMG Burn
DVD Decrypter

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
(04-13-2009, 07:08 PM)The Warrior Wrote: ...
I use CDRWin,i have a little tip for you when you have Burned ISO then Use Linuz CDVD Plugin and Compress them to Gain Space.

Do you notice any performance loss from reading a compressed iso?