ISO splitting program compatible with PCSX2
Hey people!

I wanted some help regarding this issue.
I want a suggestion of a program that creates an image from a DISC or converts an already existingn ISO an image file splitted into parts so I can put an ISO over the 4GB limmitation into a FAT32 disc.

Requirements:

-PCSX2 must support natively the result from the ISO browser.
-Must be able to handle dual layer discs.

Also before you ask, no reformatting of my HDD to NTFS is out of the question plus I already tried compressing those images using PCSX2's internal compression and still didn't compress enough to overcome the FAT32 limmitation. I tried some programs (not many) in the past and they have issues, some of them must have to do with the fact that they ruin the UDF filesystem which is crucial to PCSX2.

Thank you!

Sponsored links

http://www.hjsplit.org/
[Image: newsig.jpg]
1.Mount the original image\insert the game disk into your drive\virtual drive
2.Start ImgBurn=>Mode=>Read
3.Select the drive where the game is
4.Tools=>Settings=>Read=>Page 1=>File Splitting=>Set the size you want and hit ok
5.Set the destination and name and create the image.
6.Then mount the created image and happy playing 4GB+ games on FAT32 Tongue

Even if you choose ISO as format,the program will create MDS file and the game spitted to I0? files.

Edit:Actually this method won't cover the first requirement,you have to mount the image to be able to play the game(I don't think pcsx2 support any format that allow such a thing)
If the issue is you don't want to back up the data on your drive might i suggest running "convert <driveletter>: /fs:ntfs"

If that is not the issue, May i ask why you are using fat32 over NTFS?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(11-30-2012, 06:09 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: If the issue is you don't want to back up the data on your drive might i suggest running "convert <driveletter>: /fs:ntfs"

If that is not the issue, May i ask why you are using fat32 over NTFS?
Nah, that's not the issue, I would have used from the start NTFS before using that HDD but it's the HDD I keep my stuff that I use on devices that don't recognize anything else than FAT32 like PS3 so I am forced to use FAT32. I'll try vsub's recommendation as soon as I get home. I don;t care if it produces an md5 file, all I cared was to run directly from PCSX2 with splitted files.
1.5GB image will make it(when set the size to 1GB) to MDS,IO1 and IO2(2 or 0...I forgot)files.
PCSX2 can't deal with such images and that's why you must use some mounting program that can mount such images(I doubt Daemon Tools can't)
I use Alcohol and the game converter that way worked fine.
(11-30-2012, 06:22 PM)vsub Wrote: 1.5GB image will make it(when set the size to 1GB) to MDS,IO1 and IO2(2 or 0...I forgot)files.
PCSX2 can't deal with such images and that's why you must use some mounting program that can mount such images(I doubt Daemon Tools can't)
I use Alcohol and the game converter that way worked fine.

Ah, but that was my point. Isn't PCSX2 able to handle split isos natively someway? Injecting Daemon Tools in the process of using PCSX2 adds extra load on RAM plus it could potentialy cause a couple of issues rarely.
No,pcsx2 don't support such images,you must use some images mounting program(it doesn't have to be DT)that support that format.

I use Alcohol and that program don't use any ram...it doesn't load anything that stay loaded.
The shell extension is less than 1mb of ram and is placed in the ram only if you want that feature and right click at least once over image format that Alcohol support.

Personally I don't have any problems with it and I use it as image mounting program(I don't like DT)
If it's actually uses ram for something I don't know,it won't be more than 2mb