ISO won't load - what am I doing wrong?
Please forgive me, I'm still new to this. Installed the emulator and ran the config. I am running a quad-core CPU, 4 gigs ram with a geofrce 8800 gfx card. I am attempting to run an ISO for FF12 using Linuz to load the ISO. If I click on run - CD/DVD I get a huge steam of text in the text box, something to the effect of "Loading ISO 20000" with the count increasing rapidly. The game screen just hangs and stays black. If I click on run - execute, I get an immediate error (white screen) which tells me PCSX2 has stopped working and must close. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? I can post more info later as I am at work at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored links

sounds like a corrupted iso
. did you try with gigahertz dvd plugin & your original dvd ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
No, but I will try that when I get home and let you know what happens. Thanks!
Ok, also make sure to unmount the iso if you have it mounted in tools like deamon tools.
Then use the linuz cdvd and select the game.iso.
Just mentioning, 'cause it sounded like you did the old mistake of trying to run a file ON the iso, instead of the iso itself.
@ rama : I may be wrong, but if he did so, the console doesn't scroll infinitely like what he described ?
IIrc it does exactly that Tongue2
my bad.
I join my hands, kneel down and praise you to forgive my ignorance Tongue2
Ok, I ran it with the original disk and it runs! Performance needs tweaking but it's very playable. The game stops and starts with the disk so I would prefer to play from my computer, hence the ISO file.

Here's how I'm running it with Linuz. Once I'm in the Linuz config tool, I go to configure, then press "select ISO." I go to the folder which contains my FF12 files, and select the .IMG file. After that I close the config tool and try to run it. I still get the infinite loop. Maybe it's a bad ISO?

EDIT to add: When I run - CD/DVD I get the infinite loop. When I run - execute, I only get to the system browser; I can play with my memory card but it doesn't recognize a game or disk and I can't do anything else there.
That's not an ISO image of the whole DVD it's just a .iso file in the disc. You need a program like imgburn to create one.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
jesalvein: See? Laugh

(Just teasing ya Tongue2 )