Ico graphical problem
Photo 
So here is the problem
[Image: T580n.jpg]
So as you can see there is a weird fog always in the game.-. any ideas how to fix it?Thanks in advance
specs: i7 950 3.07GHz
960 GTX 4gb
6gb RAM
Windows 10 Pro

PCSX2 1.4.0

Everything is in default

Playing from ISO

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-08-2016, 04:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Oh I am sorry I didn't know, I edited the extra info now
(02-08-2016, 03:53 PM)kidagine Wrote: So here is the problem
[Image: T580n.jpg]
So as you can see there is a weird fog always in the game.-. any ideas how to fix it?Thanks in advance
specs: i7 950 3.07GHz
960 GTX 4gb
6gb RAM
Windows 10 Pro

PCSX2 1.4.0

Everything is in default

Playing from ISO
Try setting the CRC hack in GSDx plugin settings to Aggressive. ( I'm assuming it's already in Full/Safest as everything you say is in default.)
OpenGL might be a good thing to try as well, try playing with the "Hardware Depth" and "Accurate Blending" options. turning on HW Depth and Basic Blending might be good enough Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yes, it seems to be a depth effect emulation issue. Try Ref's proposition and reduce the CRC level to minimum too.
If you switch to software and back to hardware, the fog will look like the last frame shown in software mode. It doesn't seem to go away with Open GL-CRC aggressive or off, BUA, HW Depth and Accurate Date. HW Hacks don't help either. Only switching to software mode works.
Weirdly I'm not experiencing the persistence of fog when switching from software to hardware either in OGL or Dx11. CRC setting used - partial and full.
ICO ntsc-u, PCSX2 1. 4, Automatic game fixes ON.
However I found another problem; the fmv on idle menu doesnot display in OGL or DX. Had to use "Switch to software for rendering FMV" hack.
Hum, I know there are some bug in my depth texture conversion. However, there is maybe a texture cache bug too. Could you check the rendering with the preload hack. (if it wasn't already tested)
Preload hack didn't work for the fmv in hardware mode.
So I checked with versions 1. 0 and 1. 2. 1 ; didn't work either. I guess it never worked.
If other forum members could check it please.

Update: If it is of any significance, internal res of in-game changes from 512x448 to 720x480 in FMV.