Idea for easier Per Game Settings.
I have an idea to make PCSX2 easier to use when it comes to per game settings.  Currently you create a folder called "config" and then make folders with ini files inside per game.  Then you have to use the command line to boot up the game with the custom config.  How about we add a setting in the UI so that PCSX2 will auto-load the ini files when a) you boot the game and b) there is an ini inside the "config" folder that matches the name of the game.  It will work similar to how auto-load cheats and/or auto-load gamefixes work currently.  All you have to do is checkmark to enable and de-check to disable.

Here is an example of how it would look:

[Image: 6yyggHK.jpg]

So is this a good idea?  I would love to see this or something similar like this implemented down the road.  Let me know what you guys think.  Thanks!

Sponsored links

If you want to code it youself I doubt anyone woukd mind. Though the general stance is that there are multiple frontends to PCSX2 that can load per game settings graphically and a comandline path for those who want to set up shortcuts, so none of the developers are really concerned about putting time into this when there are other things to fix\improve.
Actually this way with a menu it's better
1.If the option is enabled but no custom settings exist,pcsx2 will copy the config folder and put as a name,the game Id
2.If the option is not enabled,pcsx2 will read the in is from the config folder

With a menu,you don't need a frontend or tons of shortcuts
(03-07-2018, 05:39 AM)TkSilver Wrote: If you want to code it youself I doubt anyone woukd mind.  Though the general stance is that there are multiple frontends to PCSX2 that can load per game settings graphically and a comandline path for those who want to set up shortcuts, so none of the developers are really concerned about putting time into this when there are other things to fix\improve.

I get there's more important things to code atm, though imo, I think you might be downplaying the need for basic accessibility.  I just figured it was something that would be relatively quick and simple to implement (i wasn't pitching the idea for a complete graphical rewrite or something--just detect a file, and use it).  And if it was quick and simple, then it's something that will go a long way for the general accessibility of the emulator (look at RPCS3 and Dolphin).  But if it isn't a small task then so be it.  I understand. As a general user and not a developer, I was just trying to be helpful with some bright ideas, that's all.
(03-08-2018, 11:00 PM)dukpoki Wrote: I get there's more important things to code atm, though imo, I think you might be downplaying the need for basic accessibility.  I just figured it was something that would be relatively quick and simple to implement (i wasn't pitching the idea for a complete graphical rewrite or something--just detect a file, and use it).  And if it was quick and simple, then it's something that will go a long way for the general accessibility of the emulator (look at RPCS3 and Dolphin).  But if it isn't a small task then so be it.  I understand.  As a general user and not a developer, I was just trying to be helpful with some bright ideas, that's all.

Most of my games work fine with pcsx2 at default setting with little adjustments, the rest are minor issues.