I doubt it would be worth my money.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's

Sponsored links

(09-15-2013, 05:37 PM)ps2freak Wrote: I doubt it would be worth my money.

definatly. :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Not to hijack the thread, but I don't think getting a Intel/NVIDIA machine would be
noticeable better for my emu gaming.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(09-15-2013, 05:46 PM)ps2freak Wrote: Not to hijack the thread, but I don't think getting a Intel/NVIDIA machine would be
noticeable better for my emu gaming.
no brother intel is reccomanded for pcsx2.
And with nvidia intel is nice with emu.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
PCSX2 does seem to like Intel and Nvidia hardware more than anything else.

Also wouldn't really recommend spending a grand on a GPU when even mid-tier GPU's can handle any PCSX2 game just fine.
A GTX 780 would give you more bang for your buck.
PCSX2 does perform noticeably better on Intel/NVidia rigs. Of course, this won't always be apparent since not every game actually needs the processing monster that you may come across.

Speaking of overkill; GTX Titan...!? You just killed "overkill".

PCSX2 isn't that demanding on the GPU. Units like a GTX 650 Ti BOOST or Radeon HD 7850 are wonderful cards for PCSX2, and terrific performers for the price, otherwise.

And, yeah-- Anyone with half a brain, and the will to evaluate the specs, would go with a GTX 780 over a Titan. It can handle the same situation at a few FPS less for nearly half the price.
Also why a server chip like a Xeon or extreme version of i7? PCSX2 does not seem to benefit from these server-based chips. In fact, in some instances the regular i5/i7 version outperforms the X or Xeon on the cpu benchmarks for pcsx2.

So if all you are doing is playing video games with that system then it's well beyond overkill and a waste of money. If you are running a server then please disregard my sentence here. And yes, the 7850 is that good and I could get mine used 6 months ago for only $110.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

The op has already stated this for for more then emulation the things mentioned were "Not sure on specifications yet, but the system would be used for video capturing, editing, encoding, rendering and emulation etc" which an i7 with hyperthreading would be better then a i5 without for example along with 16gb of ram for those larger files.
Yeah but an i7 would be enough for video editing/encoding. Server CPU's would be overkill, not necessary at all for that.