Ideas for General Speed-Up and Quality Boost in Games
As the name of the thread, I thought I'd get some help for myself and for others browsing through for help for general speed up and or quality boosts if their FPS is at a good rate.

I'm pretty newb to the emulating technical stuff so I'm probably just repeating a lot of what others have already said in other posts, but I thought that it would be nice if someone could just look to one post to find a bunch of tips on how to increase game speed/performance would be convenient.

General Speed Ups that work for me are:

EE/IOP set to Recompiler; Round Mode - Chop/Zero; Clamping - None
VU0/VU1 set to microVU Recompiler; Round Mode - Chop/Zero; Clamping - None
Speedhacks; EE Cyclerate - 2; VU Cyclestealing - 1
Reducing the Video GS Plugin resolution - I tend to play my games at a resolution of 1920*1080; setting it to Native looks horrible, but I guess it does improve frame rate.

Some Quality Boosts that sometimes work for me are:

EE/IOP set to Recompiler; Round Mode - Chop/Zero; Clamping - Extra + Preserve Sign
VU0/VU1 set to microVU Recompiler; Round Mode - Chop/Zero; Clamping - Extra
Increasing the resolution the game is played at in the Video GS Plugin, 2X native, so on so forth... etc.
I've been playing around with the Hacks in Video GS plugins, some work some don't it all depends on your own Graphics Card, mine is a bit above average so I can play around a bit more, but nonetheless it still takes quite a bit of stress on it.

Was wondering if anyone could give me a general tip for improving the speed of Radiata Stories and Rogue Galaxy. They have these massive drops in FPS[down to 30-40] and it sort of bothers me.

My Laptop Specifications
CPU - Intel Core i7 - 3610QM @ 2.3GHz Turbo'd to 3.1GHz
Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GT 650M
8GB RAM
Win 7 Premium x64.

Sponsored links

Don't change the clamp and round modes unless you have to (to fix bugs in your game).
Especially an increase in clamping means more CPU work and thus less FPS.
Try this:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-more-slowdown
I don't know it works or not for those games above Smile. But it caused sound sync issue