If MGS 2 struggles to run, what other games can I rule out?
Them changes did make an improvement, switch the plug in to the AVX2, and upping the threads.
It lags a little, but it's playable.

But when I tried to play GTA after, I had to switch back to Hardware mode, and decrease the threads from 4 to 3 cause there seemed to be graphical issues.

I got Resident Evil 4, and that's playing okay so far, except some slight graphical glitches and slowdowns, even though the EE and GS %'s are fine at about 50% each.

Would the aforementioned tweaks have caused that?
Would I be better going back to the original settings for non-MGS games?

I checked the GS setup in the sticked thread, and it wasn't particularly informative regarding what are the best overall GS plugin settings.
There's several extra things there I haven't attempted to change.

Screen shot:

Any pointers?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Windows 8.1 64

Intel® Core™ i5-4288U with Intel Iris HD Graphics 5100 (2.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Sponsored links

This is a snap from MGS with those settings.
Still lags slightly as I said, but playable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Windows 8.1 64

Intel® Core™ i5-4288U with Intel Iris HD Graphics 5100 (2.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Do you use speedhacks other than the recommended ones?
Do you read the dvd directly or do you read from an iso image?
(01-12-2015, 02:36 PM)EatMyShorts Wrote: This is a snap from MGS with those settings.
Still lags slightly as I said, but playable.

What's your cpu usage in task manager? You want it to get it as close to a constant 100% as possible. Experiment with the software threads setting if you haven't yet. I also recommend trying mtvu as a substitute for a software thread, it may help a bit. If you haven't yet, you should also ee if ee cyclerate and vu cycle help.

Also, I just noticed you're using only a single stick of ram. Upgrading with a second stick will let you use a second memory channel, and double your memory bandwidth. This will help with graphics performance a LOT. It might not help running ps2 games at native res, though.