If we put PS2 DVD'S in our PC drive...
your friend is illinformed

Sponsored links

Maybe.....dont know...he says that...because the same happened to him...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
I've played FFX from the DVD and had no trouble. There's no reason to be worried about doing so, people do it all the time.

It's probably better to rip the ISO anyways since it'll run faster from the HD than the DVD drive, but there's no reason you can't put it into the drive at all. I mean, how do you think people make ISO rips to begin with? Tongue2

Edit: If it does actually ruin the drive, it's because of the heat, which could be an issue with laptops. But that should only happen if you play it for a while, ripping the ISO won't take long and shouldn't create that much trouble.
Im getting conviced....eheh...

TY for all the answers...(til now)
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
Putting a PS2 game (and subsequently running it) will not and indeed cannot cause any damage to the drive, unless the disc shatters inside and shrapnel takes out the lens.
PS2 games are literally dvds with a funny color and a small track that your dvd-drive isn't even aware of much less going to kill itself over.

It's purely coincidence that you've had a drive that died shortly after starting, but that has nothing to do with PS2 disc usage. Thousands of people everyday make disc images by putting PS2 discs in their drives, if there was a systemic problem it would have come up a long time ago.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(04-10-2009, 09:06 PM)echosierra Wrote: Putting a PS2 game (and subsequently running it) will not and indeed cannot cause any damage to the drive, unless the disc shatters inside and shrapnel takes out the lens.
PS2 games are literally dvds with a funny color and a small track that your dvd-drive isn't even aware of much less going to kill itself over.

It's purely coincidence that you've had a drive that died shortly after starting, but that has nothing to do with PS2 disc usage. Thousands of people everyday make disc images by putting PS2 discs in their drives, if there was a systemic problem it would have come up a long time ago.

Oh Hell Yeah I agree with that....If PC's couldn't read the PS2 games...Pirate Stuff were impossible..am I right?Now that I think about it makes sense all those games that are "hanging"there in the Internet need to come from somewhere..If the DVD'S ruined Drives...a Pirate wouldn't Pirate a game...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
Can somebody tell me a FREE tool to make ISOS...??
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
uh oh for info...! every hardware included cpu, gpu, HDD, even drive have MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) Ohmy for example your drive MTBF is 68000 hours...so it mean after you use more than 68000 hours that mean you may encounter hardware problem...! So even if you play PS2 game or just watch normal DVD in your drive, Excl your drive eventually will lose it lens power...! So there nothing to worry about...Smile

http://www.lucersoft.com/files/free/LCISOCreator.zip:)

"sorry for bad english" Tongue
Excl...................Tongue
No prob...thanks for advice...and for the prog...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM