If we put PS2 DVD'S in our PC drive...
they are just dvd's they arent anything special. the only thing that is different from using pc dvds in your dvd drive is the fact the data is different, which is one thing the drive couldnt give 2 stuffs about
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

that's what I do with most of mine, runs faster too
But I still want more opinions...xP
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
and just how many do you need to be satisfied, that's 3 of us so far..
Yeah....I really dont want to ruin it...since it's a Laptop...and If i ruin it....the PC goes to warranty and they may send it back and declare....."Bad Use"...don't really know...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
It'll be fine. Your drive might heat up a bit more than usual just because of how the emulator requests data vs. how the drive normally works, but that's about it.

(04-10-2009, 07:48 PM)Gwitz Wrote: Yeah....I really dont want to ruin it...since it's a Laptop...and If i ruin it....the PC goes to warranty and they may send it back and declare....."Bad Use"...don't really know...
If you are still under warranty and your DVD drive fails because of using a DVD(which is what a PS2 disc is) then you will definitely be covered.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(04-10-2009, 07:40 PM)refraction Wrote: they are just dvd's they arent anything special. the only thing that is different from using pc dvds in your dvd drive is the fact the data is different, which is one thing the drive couldnt give 2 stuffs about

I really want to put the PS2 DVD'S here...but when i remember the time of my other drive dying....i really dont want to...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
Gwitz you should do as you said before. Put ps2 game DVD in your drive ONCE, then make iso from it, next eject it and that is all. Better not put PS2 DVD for long time because they are not made for PC drives and, as everybody said before, can be damaged. So, put once your PS2 Game DVD in PC drive, make ISO, eject and play !
(04-10-2009, 07:51 PM)Maxord Wrote: Gwitz you should do as you said before. Put ps2 game DVD in your drive ONCE, then make iso from it, next eject it and that is all. Better not put PS2 DVD for long time because they are not made for PC drives and, as everybody said before, can be damaged. So, put once your PS2 Game DVD in PC drive, make ISO, eject and play !

PS2 discs are nothing more than DVDs with information you need a special program to utilize. DVD data is DVD data and simply reading data won't kill your drive. According to several responses in a thread I read about a similar issue/inquiry, the only possible issue you would run into is extra drive heat for the reason I stated in my previous post.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I came to a conclusion..that the "world" is distributed....for example...all the people here in the forum says that there's no problem (except the Heat and other stuff)but now im saying that to a friend of mine...and for him...it ruins....
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM