If we put PS2 DVD'S in our PC drive...
Maybe this is a noob question....but..I recently downloaded PCSX2 to play some games that I have here...because I have no place to connect my PS for now...so I wonder...If we put Original PS2 DVD'S in our PC drives do they get damaged by time??Cause I really don't want to ruin my new Laptop Drive...

Hope to read from someone soon...thank you..and by the way..keep the good work If weren't you (The PCSX2 team)I couldnĀ“t play those games....
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM

Sponsored links

nope, not at all.
Damn..I really want to play them Im "afraid"...cause I used to play PS2 in my other PC and my drive..just died..after I started playing the originals there...

Don't know what to do....Blush
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
that was a fluke I'm sure, it could have been MANY things hat caused it, but I've been using my original DVDs, no issues here.
I'll wait for more opinions before I "jump on playing"eheh!

Thanks for your time Saiki...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
no problem
ps2 DVD games can be damage by the time, that is normal, so you have to make some back up to ISO from your original cd/dvd games.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Maybe you didn't understand...but im not asking about the PS2 DVD's (indeed they get damaged by time....normal of course)I was asking if we put them in our PC Drive...does putting them there...damages the drive..or the lens in any way??
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
that depend to user behavior, buddy and lucky or bad luck can influence too. as far as i use my ps2 dvd in dvdrom for my PC, i dont have single issue.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
So I think that the best thing to do...is put them once..and do a ISO backup so we can play without putting them in drive...
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM