Illegal Instruction Error
The exception Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction. (0xc000001d) occured in the application at location 0x05953e0e

Keep occurring every time I try to boot an ISO for PCSX2.

Currently using my parent's outdated PC (Windows XP , AMD Athelon 2800, 500 RAM, GeForce 4mx)

Not sure if it's a bad ISO or something else :/

Edit: Currently using 1.0.0

Sponsored links

Start by updating PCSX2 to the latest version.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
I already tried installing it, but once installed it won't even open. I get a similar Illegal Instruction error. This is why I tried an earlier version which worked up until the ISO boot up.

So I played around with the GS settings (It was on SSE2, but this CPU doesn't support it so I changed it) and I don't get the error any more, I boot up and It does nothing. A bunch of MTC0 Break point debugs shows up. :/
make sure C++ installed correctly, look at my sig for all in 1 installer
Will do! BTW, I made a ninja edit on top if that changes much.
We do all realize that PC doesn't even have the required instruction sets for run on PCSX2 right?

@Corvanor, Just stick to your PS2 until you can get a modern PC.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-25-2015, 01:59 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: We do all realize that PC won't even run PCSX2 right?!

@Corvanor, Just stick to your PS2 until you can get a modern PC.

sure it wont run most if not all games at acceptable speeds, but the error are fix able his pc is no diffrent then my uncles old pc, wouldn't run anything acceptable but it also did get those errors everything was correct
(06-25-2015, 02:00 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: sure it wont run most if not all games at acceptable speeds, but the error are fix able

It's won't run period. The CPU doesn't have the required instruction sets to even run pcsx2
Yeah, I think the CPU is the problem. There are no settings for SSE1 in the plugin all are for SSE2 and + Do you think the 1st version of PCSX2 will work?
(06-25-2015, 02:04 AM)Corvanor Wrote: Yeah, I think the CPU is the problem. There are no settings for SSE1 in the plugin all are for SSE2 and + Do you think the 1st version of PCSX2 will work?

No, sadly you really have no choice other than your PS2 or a new PC