Important Question Regarding BIOS Files (ATTN: MODs & ADMINs)
(11-15-2014, 09:14 AM)vsub Wrote: I often see logs with
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
and I never actually seen a bios dumper that don't dump those files too.This can probably tell you something.

You can usually tell if the user is using legit bios or not depending on the question asked.

I remember reading a guide long ago that you only needed the BIN files though. Not even the NVM and MEC files or whatever. The NVM/MEC file was then created as a dummy file instead by PCSX2 and it works fine that way. And I also remember seeing one of the Mods here post that those are common log messages, but are rarely associated with illegally obtained BIOS files.

So saying someone isn't using a legit bios because of that message is a bit jumping the gun there, because I get that same message and my BIOS (2 of them, since I own 2 different Playstations) are definitely legit.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

Yes,you don't need them but why should you delete them if pcsx2 is looking for them for some reason.
If you never used pcsx2 before and you dumped your bios for the first time,you won't know which file is used and which not,you'll place all of them in the bios folder and try to run pcsx2
You only need one bios since pcsx2 isn't region locked right?
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
Yes,one is more than enough.
(11-15-2014, 11:27 AM)vsub Wrote: Yes,one is more than enough.

That's what I thought
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]
The old dumper did not dump the extra files so assuming piracy for missing those files is wrong.

We did have a WIP on an HLE bios but got concerned about Sony not liking that so it got scrapped. So I guess it was better safe than sorry as usual...maybe these days that the PS2 is discontinued someone could work on that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Though, they may still come after the project for it because there are PS2 Classics on the PS Store.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-15-2014, 01:01 PM)Bositman Wrote: The old dumper did not dump the extra files so assuming piracy for missing those files is wrong.

We did have a WIP on an HLE bios but got concerned about Sony not liking that so it got scrapped. So I guess it was better safe than sorry as usual...maybe these days that the PS2 is discontinued someone could work on that.

Some emulators (including dolphin) have actually had their own homebrew BIOS and as far as i know none were prosecuted for it. What exactly is so dangerous about it?
Nintendo =! Sony.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-19-2014, 01:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: Nintendo =! Sony.

Obviously Tongue2

I was simply wondering if there's any legitimate reason on why would SONY try to prevent HLE bios development considering it hardly sells PS2s anymore.