Importing raw Save Folders into PCSX2 memory card
Hello!

I have raw copy of memcard which was done back in 2006 by simple copying with file manager into PS2 HDD and later to PC.

It looks like bunch of folders:

BASCUS-97471

BASCUS-97472nico

BASLUS-20216

BASLUS-20246SYS

Is there any way how can I import them into PCSX2 memory card?

I have tried to create new card in Folder (Experimental format). I formatted it and later coped folders there but only System Configuration is visible. There is no single game.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored links

Upload the archive here(for some reason I can't download it)
When making a new reply(not quick reply),look down at "New Attachment",click Browse and add the file

When creating a folder memory card,that "card" is not formatted so you have to run pcsx2=>CDVD=>then System=>....Fast Boot or Boot Bios(depending on which pcsx2 version you are using)=>go to the Browser=>to the memory card and format it
You can then place the folders in the folder memory card but keep in mind that the save will not be visible in bios but will be in the game
(07-07-2019, 12:51 PM)vsub Wrote: Upload the archive here(for some reason I can't download it)
When making a new reply(not quick reply),look down at "New Attachment",click Browse and add the file

When creating a folder memory card,that "card" is not formatted so you have to run pcsx2=>CDVD=>then System=>....Fast Boot or Boot Bios(depending on which pcsx2 version you are using)=>go to the Browser=>to the memory card and format it
You can then place the folders in the folder memory card but keep in mind that the save will not be visible in bios but will be in the game

Many thanks for your help, vsub! I didn't check it in game. But it works in Soul Calibur II, even it is not visible in PS2 Browser!
The only problem that I don't remember the name of the games Biggrin  But probably I can find them looking inside in the files in those folder.
Maybe except Japanese titles.
Thank you very much for your help again!
This can tell you the names once you place the saves into the memory card folder
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Folder-M...nager-FMCM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-07-2019, 02:46 PM)vsub Wrote: This can tell you the names once you place the saves into the memory card folder
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Folder-M...nager-FMCM
Cool! Nice utility, shows region of the the game! Thank you very much!
To finish this topic. After copying raw Save Folders into memory card, game saves are not visible in PS2 Browser. However, you can go to PCSX2 Memory Card Menu, select 'Folder' Memory Card and click 'Convert'. After conversion, insert converted card and all game saves will be visible!
Thank you very much, gent's, for your help!
You don't need to convert the folder to a memory card(.ps2 file)
I made that tool because you can't use the bios to see the saves
You can copy\move or delete saves with it(right click on the save)
(07-07-2019, 09:09 PM)vsub Wrote: You don't need to convert the folder to a memory card(.ps2 file)
I made that tool because you can't use the bios to see the saves
You can copy\move or delete saves with it(right click on the save)
Is it possible to copy single game save to another .ps2 memcard? Or its only for copying to 'folder' type memcard? It looks like 4 save games are not converted correctly in .ps2 file. They looks like corrupted data. Btw, when I choose Copy in your utility, it ask "Overwrite?" even id destination folder doesn't have any save game. And if I choose NO, it will write copy of the folder anyway. Bug?
It only copies from a folder memory card to folder memory card
And about the overwriting part,I think I did it lik this....it asks you anyway even if a folder don't exist and if you choose no,it will only copy the folders that don't exist in the destination
(07-08-2019, 05:59 AM)vsub Wrote: It only copies from a folder memory card to folder memory card
And about the overwriting part,I think I did it lik this....it asks you anyway even if a folder don't exist and if you choose no,it will only copy the folders that don't exist in the destination

I need to do this as well the tool isnt working says put in directory but is in it. I just need to create a memory card with all the saves

Attached Files
.rar   All games_converted.ps2.rar (Size: 1,05 MB / Downloads: 129)