Impossible to me (Without Vsync)
(12-14-2013, 03:08 AM)masterdragon Wrote: Yeah, ppl often ask me why of me using Windows XP.

4 reasons:

- Old games i play (Compatibility)
- Fastest for me at all (i've tested. i had vista and 7 once)
- Better driver version of my Creative Sound Card (100% accuracy of the card)
- Simplicity

(it's not an apology to the operating system! Just sayin...)

Anyway,

From what i can remember...
Yes, at least flash games didnt had tearing problems in Windows Vista.

But it still dont have something to do about this problem im facing. Sad

If you have a copy of vista/7 you could make a dual boot setup... might be more work than you are interested in though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(12-14-2013, 03:10 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: If you have a copy of vista/7 you could make a dual boot setup... might be more work than you are interested in though.

Then you could actually use Directx 10.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah, i that what left me to do.

Ill try the same game, emu and settings on Vista and 7 and then tell u guys the result.

Thanks for all u efforts.
use SVN current vbuilds enable MTVU, Framelimiter is enabled by default cause if games are render faster then 60 fps the game will be to fast, and if it under 60 games will be slow. And if Switch to win7 dont help even if u can use DX10 which i doubt it will. Dont bother enabled vsync in pcsx2 under win7 as desktop composition has its own form of vsync. enabled vsync in pcsx2 will just compound the issue.

if that dont help you just gona have to come to terms your pc is not good enough for what games your trying to run with vsync on plain and simple. your choices will become get new pc or play with vsync off I know that my 5 year old i7 920@ stock speeds of 2.7ghz is faster then an 8400e even with that oc.
(12-14-2013, 04:10 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: use SVN current vbuilds enable MTVU, if that dont help you just gona have to come to terms your pc is not good enough for what games your trying to run with vsync on plain and simple.

Framelimiter is enabled by default cause if games are render faster then 60 fps the game will be to fast, and if it under 60 games will be slow.

vsync should not add that much overhead. He can play the game at over 60fps with it off, so it makes no sense that it drops to 45 when it's on.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-14-2013, 04:11 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: vsync should not add that much overhead. He can play the game at over 60fps with it off, so it makes no sense that it drops to 45 when it's on.
Whats the point of Vsync on pcsx2 anyways. The frame limiter locks the game to 60fps.
(12-14-2013, 04:14 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Whats the point of Vsync on pcsx2 anyways. The frame limiter locks the game to 60fps.

It can still tear. If the frame updates aren't timed perfectly apart, you can wind up with two frames on the screen at the same time.

Normally, a frame is pushed to the screen as soon as it's ready. Like I explained above, if the graphics output is in the middle of drawing the screen, then the top half will be frame 1 and the bottom half frame 2. If there is motion in the scene then they won't line up, and that is your tearing. Vsync just makes the graphics card wait to push that frame until the current frame is completely drawn.
(12-14-2013, 04:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It can still tear. If the frame updates aren't timed perfectly apart, you can wind up with two frames on the screen at the same time.

Normally, a frame is pushed to the screen as soon as it's ready. Like I explained above, if the graphics output is in the middle of drawing the screen, then the top half will be frame 1 and the bottom half frame 2. If there is motion in the scene then they won't line up, and that is your tearing. Vsync just makes the graphics card wait to push that frame until the current frame is completely drawn.

I didn't know screen tearing was possible in pcsx2.
(12-14-2013, 04:18 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I didn't know screen tearing was possible in pcsx2.

Well, we run Windows 7. Even the fullscreen of PCSX2 is a "fake fullscreen" in that it's just a window that is the size of the desktop.

Like said above, in Windows vista/7, the desktop window manager automatically applies vsync to the whole desktop. Since PCSX2 is part of that desktop, I think that's why we don't see it. But this XP guy does.
(12-14-2013, 04:20 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well, we run Windows 7. Even the fullscreen of PCSX2 is a "fake fullscreen" in that it's just a window that is the size of the desktop.

Like said above, in Windows vista/7, the desktop window manager automatically applies vsync to the whole desktop. Since PCSX2 is part of that desktop, I think that's why we don't see it. But this XP guy does.
Ahh, I see now.