Impossible to me (Without Vsync)
Exclamation 
I wonder how can be possible the emulator vsync gives so much lag.

And its clearly not my pc fault:

Processor E8400 - OC 4.05GHZ
VGA HD4870 - 1GB / 750Mhz / 900Mhz GDDR5
4GB RAM DDR2 1066Mhz G.Skill
Windows XP x86

The processor and VGA load doesnt go further than 50-60%, but even this way, Vsync ON can drop 60fps to 35-40fps Angry
(Playing "Disaster Report", for example)

I cant see any other way to sync the refresh rate. (I've tried setting it up in vga driver, no results).

And the most annoying and impossible thing to tolerate in a game (for me at least) is the screen tearing.

Any ideas anyone?
(Sorry if bad english)

Sponsored links

Uh yeah, its your computers fault. Your pc is way too slow to handle vsync. It may be okay for almost every computer game, but pcsx2 is very, very, different and demanding.
(12-13-2013, 09:31 PM)wyndnra1n Wrote: Uh yeah, its your computers fault. Your pc is way too slow to handle vsync. It may be okay for almost every computer game, but pcsx2 is very, very, different and demanding.

LOL?

Thats fu***** strange to me then.

I can play smooth with vsync: Crysis, Farcry 3, and almost everything demanding i ever did without this kind of problem.

I can even get, for example, Wii emulator playing "Pandora's Tower" with vsync on, at smooth no drops below 28fps (which the game runs at 30fps normal speed).

In PCSX2 i can set everything i want to maximum, and no drops of fps but for vsync.

Guess its emulator fault, not my pc...

But its ok, im not requesting or complaining anything, just saying and asking for help if still anyone knows somehow.
What speed do you get with vsync off? Your CPU isn't fantastic, but with that overclock it shouldn't be bad.

and please don't compare PC gaming to emulation, they are two entirely different ballgames.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

er...
since when far cry 3 or Crysis are emulated PS2 games ?

Why are you comparing wii emulator to pcsx2 ? (apart from sounding ridiculous on purpose ?)

pcsx will push your CPU to its limits, while pc games and Wii emulator (if you're using dolphin) rely more on GPU.

And unfortunately, your CPU will show its limits suite qsuickly even though your GPU isn't bad...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-13-2013, 10:09 PM)refraction Wrote: What speed do you get with vsync off? Your CPU isn't fantastic, but with that overclock it shouldn't be bad.

and please don't compare PC gaming to emulation, they are two entirely different ballgames.

I know, i didnt mean to compare, i was just saying.
And i even did mention to emulating a newer and demanding console without having the same problem.

As i said, the cpu keeps no more than 50% of load (everything by default settings).
what does EE and GS say at the top of the PCSX2 window? and what FPS are you getting with it off?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-13-2013, 10:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: er...
since when far cry 3 or Crysis are emulated PS2 games ?

Why are you comparing wii emulator to pcsx2 ? (apart from sounding ridiculous on purpose ?)

pcsx will push your CPU to its limits, while pc games and Wii emulator (if you're using dolphin) rely more on GPU.

And unfortunately, your CPU will show its limits suite qsuickly even though your GPU isn't bad...

But thats the point (and forget about comparison, i was mean my pc is running pretty normal to its specs), my CPU isnt being pushed to "THAT LIMIT".

Its just the vsync doing it.
(12-13-2013, 10:22 PM)refraction Wrote: what does EE and GS say at the top of the PCSX2 window? and what FPS are you getting with it off?

[Image: disasterrep.png]
NOW, VSYNC ON:

[Image: disisrep.png]