Improve Perfomance
Interesting. I did not get a message from the process of turning the DVD into an ISO, but I know for certain I had a really bad dump since one of the lego games was not even recognizable as a playstation game one the first try. I did the dump again for that game and it worked.

I was using Brasero, specifically doing the 1:1 copy from DVD to iso. Do you suspect a better dump might avoid this? If so, should I be using a better program than Brasero?

Sponsored links

no idea about ubuntu.

we actually recommend imgburn for windows.
Apparently, it works with wine
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-16-2021, 10:11 AM)thatdodobird Wrote: Interesting. I did not get a message from the process of turning the DVD into an ISO, but I know for certain I had a really bad dump since one of the lego games was not even recognizable as a playstation game one the first try. I did the dump again for that game and it worked.

I was using Brasero, specifically doing the 1:1 copy from DVD to iso. Do you suspect a better dump might avoid this? If so, should I be using a better program than Brasero?

It must have been a bad burn, I just ran the game with the disc, and I got into a game first try with decent quality. I guess suggestions for a better burn program might help here? I saw imgburn was popular, but I'm not familiar with wine so I avoided it, do you have any suggestions for something native to ubuntu? If not, I could try and figure out imgburn, or just get it on windows laptop (I have some available atm).

Edit: just saw your last post, I'll look into it
Got imgburn to work on wine, easier than I expected it to be thanks to playonlinux. It seems to have fixed the tlb miss error.

The system does seem to freeze up my entire computer when I do actually play a game of fifa; this specifically occurs around midgame (had to hard restart - don't have the emulog for it). I'm not sure if I can make it through a full game yet. I'm in the process of redoing all of the other isos, but I plan to testing it again once that is done, especially since I did those runs without any speed hacks.
(05-16-2021, 09:08 PM)thatdodobird Wrote: Got imgburn to work on wine, easier than I expected it to be thanks to playonlinux. It seems to have fixed the tlb miss error.

The system does seem to freeze up my entire computer when I do actually play a game of fifa; this specifically occurs around midgame (had to hard restart - don't have the emulog for it). I'm not sure if I can make it through a full game yet. I'm in the process of redoing all of the other isos, but I plan to testing it again once that is done, especially since I did those runs without any speed hacks.

For fifa 07 it does seem to just randomly freeze in the middle of a game, and it seems to freeze my entire computer. Once it freezes, any button I press just produces a visual glitch (the player moves back and fourth in the same position) or it does nothing. Is there a way I can automatically save the emulog so that I can see what might be going on?

Furthermore, do you suspect this is related to my poor graphics card or a different issue?

EDIT: got through a full game just fine in fifa 11 (maybe I was lucky, but it ran mostly smooth)?
EDIT2: Madden 10 is playable, but super slow (I suspect this is where my weak graphics comes into play)