Improving speed in Sega Rally Championship (software mode forced)
I would be using Hardware mode but the game won't render properly with it on, so I'm forced to use Software and no matter what settings I choose the game will dip to 40 fps the minute any 3D models are on the screen.

I am running a Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1070, with 32 gigs of ram and more than ample hard drive space. My PC shouldn't be the issue.

Sponsored links

(08-29-2019, 04:18 AM)KNekoSpy Wrote: I would be using Hardware mode but the game won't render properly with it on, so I'm forced to use Software and no matter what settings I choose the game will dip to 40 fps the minute any 3D models are on the screen.

I am running a Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1070, with 32 gigs of ram and more than ample hard drive space. My PC shouldn't be the issue.

First off, some games are just not cut out to run full speed on software renderers. This varies wildly from title to title, but there are some special games that just do absolutely brutal things to the GS and when you try to do this on a software renderer it just ***** the bed. I don't know if this is one of those games, but just as a blanket warning.

As for your CPU, a Ryzen 5 1600 on https://cpubenchmark.net has a Single Thread Rating of 1823. Pretty good, not the best for PCSX2, but it will hold up for games that aren't super power hungry. For those games we recommend a CPU with a Single Thread Rating of 2000+.

How many rendering threads are you using? And is MTVU enabled? If you haven't touched either of these, try enabling MTVU and then bumping rendering threads to 3. If no dice, try 4 rendering threads (but do not go past this, as you will probably get a performance drop again).
Tried setting those, but only 44 fps at best. The weird thing is, there's a video on Youtube of the game running at full speed and their CPU is supposedly older?
Don't trust YouTube videos. If they have been recorded with internal recorder, then will always render at full speed
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think that you are emulating emulator here, so good STR will be required. Also older PC can be better than your setup. PCSX2 get more profit from core power, than from core count.
Why are you in SW mode? With that GPU, you should be in HW mode. I don't see any issues in the wiki with this games with HW mode, unlike other games.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(08-30-2019, 07:04 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Why are you in SW mode? With that GPU, you should be in HW mode. I don't see any issues in the wiki with this games with HW mode, unlike other games.
 apparently you didnt read the comment section. hw mode has been broken and still is today...
but anyway, my old i5 4690k ran this game in sw mode at full 60 fps and that cpu is almost six years old.  guess your str might be the issue
Is it Sega Rally Championship 95? If yes, software will remain slow and hardware is unfixable. The reason is the game render every pixels one by one flooding the PS2 GPU (GS) memory with cluts.