In China,many site completed pcsx2 without GPL
I'm a Chinese,in China many site release pcsx2 without GPL, they translate pcsx2,and only release binary no source.Even the big site do is.I think PCSX2 term should take some measures.
Thank you.

Sponsored links

We know about these hacks and we ask sites to provide sources or take down the links.
There's nothing more we can reasonably do. Sad
Oh China is there nothing you cant rip off? xD I personaly loved the text/picture mmorpg whatever you call them where they just took screenshots from oblivion and made a game from it calling it there own thinking no one would notice it.
on more reason why not releasing the .pot file after so long time is a bad idea... as releasing & updating the .pot regularly and allowing others to contribute and maintain their translations regularly (which is done by most of the "big" free software projects) would render these GPL-violating translations more or less useless Smile

(I say "more or less" as some of these translated versions has been hacked to fix 3-4 games or something like that... and of course they are not releasing the hacked code. I'm not talking about that infamous "Extremum" one though)
(10-14-2010, 11:17 AM)CecilHarvey Wrote: on more reason why not releasing the .pot file after so long time is a bad idea... as releasing & updating the .pot regularly and allowing others to contribute and maintain their translations regularly (which is done by most of the "big" free software projects) would render these GPL-violating translations more or less useless Smile

There is still no working POT file at this time. I'd like to get it finished and posted, but I simply have not had time to do so. (I haven't even taken a break to play any games in months).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
does generating the template really take that much time? imo just a matter of a simple command Smile
still though, it seems the code to load the .mo file needs some work Smile
When working on a project this size, many things that seem simple do end up taking a lot of time.
That's why we're open source. You do the parser! Wink
the "parser" does not really need to be done... the xgettext command included with GNU gettext should do the job.
it's actually REALLY simple Closedeyes

EDIT:
I generated the pot file with command:

xgettext --keyword=_ --keyword=N_ --keyword=pxE ./*.cpp ./*.h ./CDVD/*.cpp ./CDVD/*.h ./CDVD/IsoFS/*.cpp ./CDVD/IsoFS/*.h ./DebugTools/*.cpp ./DebugTools/*.h ./gui/*.cpp ./gui/*.h ./gui/Dialogs/*.cpp ./gui/Dialogs/*.h ./gui/Panels/*.cpp ./gui/Panels/*.h ./IPU/*.cpp ./IPU/*.h ./Linux/*.cpp ./ps2/*.cpp ./ps2/*.h ./ps2/Iop/*.cpp ./ps2/Iop/*.h ./RDebug/*.cpp ./RDebug/*.h ./System/*.cpp ./System/*.h ./Utilities/*.cpp ./Utilities/*.h ./windows/*.cpp ./windows/*.h ./windows/cheats/*.cpp ./windows/cheats/*.h ./x86/*.cpp ./x86/*.h ./x86/ix86-32/*.cpp ./ZipTools/*.cpp ./ZipTools/*.h --output=pcsx2.pot

I may miss some files or keywords though.

EDIT2:
Added missing "pxE" keyword.
I have not started translating though... as I may waste my time if the translation is not accepted and just ignored.

EDIT3:
Not sure if I should add the wxwidgets sources as well, not much of the strings in wxwidgets are required and adding them basically triple the size of the pot.

Attached Files
.zip   pcsx2.zip (Size: 9,17 KB / Downloads: 196)