In DIRE NEED of help using this emulator! (specs given)
So, I'm not even remotely playing when I tell you that I have been spending literally months (on and off) trying to figure out how to get this emulator to function at full capacity on my machine.

I just bought this new computer no more than a week ago,

Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50ghz (2 CPUS)
Memory: 3838MB RAM
Display:NVIDIA Geforce 9200 Approx tot. memory 1904 MB

in hopes that it would run PCSX2 faster than my previous computer which was just a little slower than this one that I'm using now..

I'd really appreciate it if someone would be able to point me in the right direction towards getting PCSX2 to run as fast and cleanly as possible.

Namely I'd just like the names of which plugins to use, how to configure them, what about the speedhacks..all that good stuff.

So please, get back to me as soon as possible!

much love.

Sponsored links

As simple as I can put it. The graphics cards NEEDS upgrading, it's currently using an onboard, it's shared memory, resulting in it leaching your resources.
You *Should* (Dependant on the quality of the motherboard/RAM, although entry level stuff as I've tested will work) overclock the CPU to 3GHZ, but then again, it's pre-built..

My bro's 30 quid mobo got the chip to 3.45GHZ on stock cooling.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
you dont have 2cpus its one :>
3,45 on stock?! quite lucky.. for me bearable temp on box was like 3,1

get the latest beta release.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
(10-12-2009, 03:01 PM)Elwin Wrote: you dont have 2cpus its one :>
3,45 on stock?! quite lucky.. for me bearable temp on box was like 3,1

get the latest beta release.

Lol, 3.45GHZ was a bit toasty, but my brother doesn't use it much.
At the moment, I'm at 3.7GHZ on my Phenom II, and I max at 52C with my black T.R.U.E and liquid metal paste.
Well hey, that's awesome. Rolleyes

Anyway, is there any other answer than the obvious one of "you gotta upgrade"?

Because really, as I posted I JUST bought this computer...
plus you said that my gpu was on board/integrated, so how could I possibly "upgrade" anyway?

Also,

Dxdiag Wrote:Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50ghz (2 CPUS) ~

Maybe I don't have two, but that's what my computer's saying..

I can get the program to run at 60 fps from the bios..
But as the screen zooms in it starts to drop to about 40 here or there and gets a little sluggish.
I just want to play my ps2 games on my PC, from the disk..and it only makes sense that certain video plugins work better with certain CDVD plugins since as aforementioned, it's SHARED memory (remember?)

So like I said in the first place, all I want is a little guidance in what kind of configuration to use with which plugins..that's it.
Thanks.
Uh no there is no relation between GS plugins, CDVD plugins and shared memory...Read the configuration guide to properly configure all plugins yourself.

You have an integrated onboard graphics chip, but your motherboard has the PCI-Express slot for a dedicated graphics card which at this point is empty. So, buy a dedicated card and you'll get decent performance in most games. These days an 9600 GT or even a 9800 GTX are so cheap and cannot even be compared to that onboard chip.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-13-2009, 08:41 AM)Mr. Greaseball Wrote: Well hey, that's awesome. Rolleyes

Anyway, is there any other answer than the obvious one of "you gotta upgrade"?

Because really, as I posted I JUST bought this computer...
plus you said that my gpu was on board/integrated, so how could I possibly "upgrade" anyway?

Also,

Dxdiag Wrote:Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50ghz (2 CPUS) ~

Maybe I don't have two, but that's what my computer's saying..

I can get the program to run at 60 fps from the bios..
But as the screen zooms in it starts to drop to about 40 here or there and gets a little sluggish.
I just want to play my ps2 games on my PC, from the disk..and it only makes sense that certain video plugins work better with certain CDVD plugins since as aforementioned, it's SHARED memory (remember?)

So like I said in the first place, all I want is a little guidance in what kind of configuration to use with which plugins..that's it.
Thanks.

Overclock the CPU to 3GHZ (Which using ENTRY level parts is easy, most people can get 3GHZ without a voltage boost on the E5200)
You're using a SLOW onboard graphics chip, you've got a "slot" on your motherboard that will accept a a 9600GT for example (Which is the lowest I'd use).

Your PC may be "new", but the parts are years old.
I doubt any configurations could magically give you good performance given the integrated Nvidia graphics chip. Basically, while they are new parts, they are still low-end. You'll probably have to add at least a mid-ranged graphics card to get decent performance in games.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Thanks Guys.