In game *TIME* Speedup?
I'm playing suikoden 3 and props for making this game work!

For me, it works near flawlessly at full frames.

What I'd like to do however, is move the game FASTER then 60frames, or even leap ahead "in game time"

Why?

Anyone whos played the game will known there are special "optional" boss's that respawn after 45 minutes of "time passed inside of the game"

SOOO I'm looking for someway to speed up my in game so I don't have to actually wait the full 45 minutes.

I know my pc could easly handle more fps, is there a way to unlock the max fps so it pushes past that?

Or alternatively is there some kind of in game hack you can use to jump ahead or skip a bunch of frames to ahead in game time?

Sponsored links

You can always disable frame limiting in GS option. It makes PCSX2 render the game as fast as your computer can handle.
Seems to be a minor fix so far.. 105 frames.. much better then waiting 60 frames, but still I cant help but wonder if theres a way to speed this up even more, by skipping frames?
Use TAB to enable "Turbo" perhaps?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

The Turbo mode basically set the frame limiter to 200% of its original value.

Skipping frame is effective when your GPU is weak. Look at the game window title bar: if either EE, GS, or VU percentage is 90%+, then frame skipping brings nothing but potential graphics bug.
Turbo + F4 is a huge fps improvement, ofcourse the question would be if your system can handle anything above 60 or in this case 105 Smile
this is the case a cheat code is clearly far better solution, there is one only problem with that idea, I haven't the lesser idea where the time is stored in memory for that game.

It's similar to another game for this series (I believe for PS1, long time don't play that I may confusing things) where the recruiting of one the characters was possible only before certain time span and a code existed to keep the in game time low (but could be changed to whatever needed).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Yeah some kind of cheat that alowed me to just fast forward in time 40 minutes would be insane and thats really what I would like, since even waiting for 105 frames is still looking at like 20-30 minute wait, much longer then I'd like to wait if I was to power farm these things.

I tryed putting frame skipping into the 900s, but it didnt do jack for my fps and didnt seem to actually speed up in game time past my 105 frames.

Is there some way to just jump ahead frames? I don't care if it looks glitchy or like *****, I just want to be able to repeatedly kill a 40 minute respawn boss a few times in a short amount of time, without having to leave my pcsx2 on and manually wait the time.

I've been using the f4 turbo but it only goes to around 95-105 fps depending on where I am, at best this is reducing the time by 40-50%, so I'm still looking at 20-30 minute waits.

(04-24-2013, 05:48 AM)Livy Wrote: The Turbo mode basically set the frame limiter to 200% of its original value.

Skipping frame is effective when your GPU is weak. Look at the game window title bar: if either EE, GS, or VU percentage is 90%+, then frame skipping brings nothing but potential graphics bug.
with turbo mode on, I see my ee get to 85-100%. My gs never goes above 30-40, I have it in quality mode since this game doesnt seem to use my gs very much, so I figured it has more power to boost the graphics to look a bit better, even with my boosts its still barely useing my gs.
(04-24-2013, 08:03 PM)greenspade Wrote: Yeah some kind of cheat that alowed me to just fast forward in time 40 minutes would be insane and thats really what I would like, since even waiting for 105 frames is still looking at like 20-30 minute wait, much longer then I'd like to wait if I was to power farm these things.

I tryed putting frame skipping into the 900s, but it didnt do jack for my fps and didnt seem to actually speed up in game time past my 105 frames.

Is there some way to just jump ahead frames? I don't care if it looks glitchy or like *****, I just want to be able to repeatedly kill a 40 minute respawn boss a few times in a short amount of time, without having to leave my pcsx2 on and manually wait the time.

I've been using the f4 turbo but it only goes to around 95-105 fps depending on where I am, at best this is reducing the time by 40-50%, so I'm still looking at 20-30 minute waits.

with turbo mode on, I see my ee get to 85-100%. My gs never goes above 30-40, I have it in quality mode since this game doesnt seem to use my gs very much, so I figured it has more power to boost the graphics to look a bit better, even with my boosts its still barely useing my gs.

You may try activating some speedhacks.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900