Inability to switch between Xinput controllers? (PCSX2 and DS4Win mapping issue)
Apologies if this has been posted before, but the search terms I tried didn't find it:

When using DS4Windows with PCSX2, I frequently find that after restarting PCSX2 or unplugging the controller, PCSX2 recognizes the controller as a different "Xinput Controller" in Lilypad. As a result all of my controller mappings to "Xinput1" now have to be manually switched to "Xinput2", or 3 or 0.

This may be a DS4Windows issue (and I would take any help with that), but for PCSX2 specifically I couldn't find a way to keep the mappings but switch between different identical controllers. Is there really no way to switch from Xinput1 to Xinput0 without manually remapping everything?

Relatedly, is there no auto-mapping built into Lilypad? Most programs let you hit "map controls" and then take you through all the buttons you need to map, one by one. As far as I can tell, with Lilypad I have to switch between mouse and controller over and over again to map each button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:Wow, I just realized that some options relevant to my question just aren't present in my DS4Windows settings menu. I don't have "Use Xinput Ports:" as an option in my DS4Windows settings.

Sponsored links

why even use DS4Windows? you can use your Dualshock 4 on your PC just fine without any 3rd party software. all you need to do is just plug it in or connect via bluetooth
Wrong
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's a windows issue where it not correctly release/gives you an xinput id number. Rebooting tends to fix it or just having multiple xinput ids with the same keybindings to workaround it.
Indeed, it is a known issue that sometimes when using compatibility softwares, Windows will not properly release an Xinput ID when a device is supposed to be detached.

This is more prominent in older DS4Windows versions but in recent times it seems like it has improved. I would recommend making sure DS4Windows is up to date. The original version by Jays2Kings has been unmaintained for some time now, and the updated fork by Ryochan7 is much more stable. You can find it here: https://ryochan7.github.io/ds4windows-site/

(07-27-2021, 06:37 PM)taclicop Wrote: why even use DS4Windows? you can use your Dualshock 4 on your PC just fine without any 3rd party software. all you need to do is just plug it in or connect via bluetooth

It is "possible" but unreliable. Windows will attempt to map it as a DirectInput device and might get it right, might get it wrong. It will also map slightly differently every time you plug it in or restart your PC. In other words, compatibility software is basically a requirement.