Increase FFX Gamespeed
Before I had one of the older beta version of PCSX2 emulator, I set up the speed hack and other stuff I don't remember and made my FFX game speed to increase by like 30-50% (Like Tidus normal attack animation took only 1 second instead of like 3)

Now PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3113), I maxed out the EE cyclerate to 3 and enabled INTC Spin detect and Wait Loop Detection and the mVU Flag Hack.
Enabled the FFX video fix + VU Clip Flag Hack
Also Limit FPS is Off

Comp Spec
T6400 2.0ghz (Crap I know)
9600M GT
Windows 7 64x
4gb RAM

GS Plugin SSE2 DX9 Hardware
other plugins doesnt matter

is it possible to keep my fps stable at 55-60 or can increase it to 70-90 Laugh

Sponsored links

You right, the CPU is the main bottleneck and hardly will achieve full speed all the time even with speed hacks...

But where you are missing the point is PS2 is a game console, tied with TV standards, it's not like PC games where the synchronization is based on real time instead the actual FPS. That means NTSC games run correctly at 60FPS while PAL do it at 50FPS for PS2, any variation there counts as actual slowdown or being too fast.

That is the reason for the Frame rate limiter. That CPU can indeed go over 60FPS in few points still will struggle almost all the time to even get near that. Certainly you'll need to set on all the recommended speed hacks, let EE cyclerate at the first notch and VU cycle stealing in the second.

Despite the video card you should try the native resolution, make sure the 8 bit textures is disabled. That's almost all you can do beside upgrading the processor.

Ah, and don't forget to set the game fix for that game although you must have done it already, since did not complain about the issue...
Imagination is where we are truly real
@Niwa:
Show us your full PCSX2 settings (preferably with screenshots) so we can help better.

But no, I doubt you can get stable 60fps because there's parts where the CPU just won't be enough.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Game Fix: Enabled FFX Fix and VU Clip Flag Hack
Well can I increase the game speed more faster? increase by like 50% ish?

[Image: PCSX2Settings.png]
Is it visible enough? sorry if u cant read x_x
You forgot the rest of your settings (EE/IOP/VUs are the important ones), from those screens I recommend you use "EE cycle rate" speedhack set to 3 and "VU cycle stealing" on 1.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I was playing around with the settings again and it increase my game speed by like 20% but in battle, its still about the same

this is what I got setup Laugh
[Image: PCSX2Setting2.png]