Increase pcsx2 performance? please help
Ok, looking at other threads, it is suggested that i change performance settings to "adjust for best performance" to improve pcsx2 fps speed. I did just that, but when i try to play a game, it actually runs much slower than with the default settings.With default settings, on final fantasy x, for instance, it runs at about 80 fps, but when settings are at "adjust for best performance, it goes down to about 50 fps or even 40 fps. What the deuce, man. I also found that changing power option for best performance did not make any difference either. According to other threads, it is supposed to improve performance. Am i missing something. Is there a checkbox i'm supposed to keep checked under performance settings?

I'm running windows 7, if that is a relevant factor in this topic

spec: intel core duo 2 2.13 gigahertz
ati radeon 4530 HD
3 gigs ddr3 ram

i am using r3878 version

Sponsored links

If you have 80fps then why are you trying to increase performance? For a different game you mean?
<REDACTED>
(01-13-2011, 11:36 PM)Fezzer Wrote: If you have 80fps then why are you trying to increase performance? For a different game you mean?

i meant for a specific scene. sorry for the confusion. During gameplay, it can get as low as 45 fps
Id just like to know why setting performance settings to "adjust for best for best performance helps everyone else on the forums except me.
changing the performance settings made it worse instead of better

any ideas?
what game/settings are you using?
(01-13-2011, 11:44 PM)Saiki Wrote: what game/settings are you using?

here are my plugins and settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

on both VU and EE set to "none" also add the INTC hack. and what game are you using?
(01-13-2011, 11:56 PM)Saiki Wrote: on both VU and EE set to "none" also add the INTC hack. and what game are you using?

I am playing final fantasy x. In my experiments with pcsx2, i have determined that the intc hack does not help final fantasy x run any faster, at least, that is what i saw.
FFX? use the block hack then lol

what's your CPU and speed, and what settings in GSdx are you using? (I need to know DX10/11 or DX9 as well)

edit: better idea.. post your pcsx2.ini and your gsdx.ini CONTENTS here
(01-14-2011, 12:04 AM)Saiki Wrote: FFX? use the block hack then lol

what's your CPU and speed, and what settings in GSdx are you using? (I need to know DX10/11 or DX9 as well)

edit: better idea.. post your pcsx2.ini and your gsdx.ini CONTENTS here

(01-14-2011, 12:09 AM)EvilSaiyan360 Wrote: i have direct x 11

cpu speed is 2.13 gigahertz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

post the inis please